News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lieutenant-General Damdin Tserenjav

Ed_Haynes

The other certificates are there (except a few, like the Khalkin Gol and border guards badge, that are missing :( ) and are familiar enough.

One unusual one (and a badge which, it seems, I neglected to scan along with his awards -- oops) for the Best Student of the MPA (Battuahig C22) and since we don't see these badge certificates very often, this one may be worth adding.

Funny, his first Soviet Order Booklet gives his name as 'Dondon Tsirinzhab', his second Booklet as 'Damdingyn Tserenzhav' and his Victory over Germany certificate as 'Damdny Tserenzhav'.

Edited by Ferdinand

Guest Rick Research

Yeah, that's hopeless.

However... thanks to Steen Ammentorp's constantly invaluable website, the indecipherable Field Post UNIT on the Victory Over Japan is signed VERY clearly by

a very interesting personage, indeed. (And this fills in a gap for Steen as well)

Military Intelligence, no less. :unsure::catjava:

His blue covered 1970 Victory Jubilee is the type normally awarded to Generals-- though his rank there is Colonel. Also no serial number edition range on it, another difference from the Soviet recipients.

Ed-

Fascinating! These are the second (and third) documented Red Stars that I've seen to a Mongolian. The other documented one was given the same day and is award number 3700404 and the other that I got from a Mongolian dealer (sans document) was 3700416. Obviously, we can now say that the range for Red Stars to Mongolians runs from 3700041 to 3700416. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that there were probably 500 awarded, probably running from 3700000 to 3700500. That seemed to be a rough "lot" number from previous research.

As far as researching one of these, I haven't seen any research come back for a Red Star to a Mongolian yet, even though I've attempted to research the others that I've had. If you can get anything back, it will be a first, but I hope you can!

Good find!

Dave

Fascinating!!

So . . . the Soviet Red Stars to Mongolians that we have on record:

96989 - to Bato-oshrin (1943)

1780032 (reported by Dave, MAYBE)

1780090 - to Tserenjav (1950)

3700041 - to Tserenjav (1971)

3700404 (reported by Dave)

3700416 (reported by Dave)

So far, all I have seen on research was that record-card-only return for Bato-oshrin (based on his document only, star missing) over at http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=14692 -- shall be submitting Tserenjav's two and hoping and waiting and waiting and hoping.

• 1 year later...
    • 7 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39929&pid=369611&st=0&#entry369611

Another one

Could a russian speaking forum member please help (clicking on above link) to identify a badge and translate the small badge document to a Mongolian Major General?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Ed-

Fascinating! These are the second (and third) documented Red Stars that I've seen to a Mongolian. The other documented one was given the same day and is award number 3700404 and the other that I got from a Mongolian dealer (sans document) was 3700416. Obviously, we can now say that the range for Red Stars to Mongolians runs from 3700041 to 3700416. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that there were probably 500 awarded, probably running from 3700000 to 3700500. That seemed to be a rough "lot" number from previous research.

As far as researching one of these, I haven't seen any research come back for a Red Star to a Mongolian yet, even though I've attempted to research the others that I've had. If you can get anything back, it will be a first, but I hope you can!

Good find!

Dave

Hi Dave (and others:)) - suggest to have a look at the following thread: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39929&pid=377910&st=20&#entry377910

The "range" appears to be much more narrow.