Czechoslovakian Military Academy Badges

I've never seen a booklet. I assume there wasn't any special booklet issued, just Academy diploma.

I am curious as how big was the graduating class at the Academy? The highest SN in this thread is 231, I would guess the size of the class was capped at 250-300 officers?

William

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Drew!

There are a few Political Academy badges in the book. The letters VPU

(Vojenskopoliticke uciliste) and VPA (Vojenska politicka akademie) is what

you would look for on the badge itself.

Greetings/GRA

Hello Drew!

Yes, I have the book, see posts 13-20 in this thread. It apparently exist

in a couple of editions, but the contents as to VPU and VPA badges ought

to be the same as they aren?t among the newer badges.

Greetings/GRA

Hello Drew!

Yes, I have the book, see posts 13-20 in this thread. It apparently exist

in a couple of editions, but the contents as to VPU and VPA badges ought

to be the same as they aren?t among the newer badges.

Greetings/GRA

GRA.....Thanks again.....I did a google search this arvo, and came across the follwoing items. pictures attached. Any comments?

Drew

ps - are they readibly available?

Hello Drew!

VPU = Vojenskopoliticke uciliste J Hakena, Military Political School of J Haken

The star badge 1951-1954 style, serial number on backside (1951 and 1954 silver scroll and crossed

helmet crushers, 1952 and 1953 gold ditto).

The oval badge 1955-1962 style, serial number on backside

As to availability and prices, I have no idea, since I?ve never looked for them when in Czech Rep.

Greetings/GRA

Hello Rick!

Not really, J Haken, K Gottwald, J Ev Purkyne, A Zapotocky and Cpt Jaros

are names from the Communist Hall of Fame or other politically correct

persons. Gottwald and Zapotocky were presidents, and Jaros a Hero of

the Soviet Union.

Greetings/GRA

Exactly!

In the First Republic one would find names like Jan Zizka (Hussite warrior),

T G Masaryk (first president of Czechoslovakia) and Jiri of Podebrad (15th

century king of Bohemia). So it seems like a there is a dual heritage of naming

tradition, it?s a pity that it is no longer continued.

/GRA

My sincere appreciation and thanks to all who have taken the time to contribute here. From near zero information on this interesting topic, I've got some amazing insights and truly interesting facts. I know what to look for..... Let the hunt begin. Naturally, if anyone has any items of Political value - give me a call.

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes they are authentic. Bigger badge is for Millitary academy graduate. It is quite common. Patches are for Civil protection - Civilní Ochrana in Czech. It is part of the army who serves mostly during natural disasters like floods, etc.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 years later...