News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

PDRA - Order of People's Friendship

Ed_Haynes

Order of People's Friendship

Simular to the Soviet Order of Friendship of Nations.

The award " Friendship of Peoples " was founded 24 December 1980.

The award was given to citizens of PDRA, foreign citizen, to enterprises and the organizations, to provinces and cities.

Rewarding by an award was made for:

- oustanding work in business of propagation and strengthening of brotherly friendship of all tribes and nationalities of Afghanistan;

- for achievements in the work directed at growth and strengthening of the national economy;

- for excellent service in the state and national construction;

- for merit in political development, enrichment and a mutual cultural exchange of tribes and nationalities of Afghanistan, for active participation in education of citizens in spirit of friendship and proletarian internationalism, and fidelity to the native land;

- for merit in business of strengthening of defensive power of the PDRA;

- for merit in business of strengthening of the the world and the friendship of peoples.

The award presumably became obsolete with the collapse of the PDRA in 1992.

• 2 years later...

Here a boxed/documented numbered one. Not clear whether the box is original to the award (but hope to find out).

Seller indicated it was awarded to a Mongolian diplomat who helped Afghan children during the Soviet period in Afghanistan.

If anybody here knows Dari and could help with the document translation and also the number on reverse of the medal I'd appreciate it a lot.

Thanls,

Bob

• 12 years later...
    • 3 months later...

Hi Bob,

Hope you are doing well in these crazy times.

I had my wife ask her friend to translate the name for you. She's a native Farsi speaker which is for all intents and purposes the same as Dari.

First of all, she is 100% sure the date on that doc is  March 20th, 1969. This certainly falls within the existence of the DPRA, but certainly is well before the supposed creation of this award. Different award doc? I only sent her the little picture with the name, so I'll ask if she can confirm what the award doc is for.

The name on the document is, Khayarafeen Gonga Jaaf or possibly Khayadafeen. the R and D are apparently very similar and can lead to some confusion.

This is certainly a Mongolian name. Found Mr. Gongorzhav, unrelated but similar name, on page 558 of the blue bible. Again it's just for comparisons sake.

Something may have been lost in transliteration.

I'll post once I hear back.

Jan