News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I used to love those puzzles when I was a little kid. Remember, you were supposed to find the 5 differences.

A German auctioneer has just reinvented the game for medal collectors.

The original is on the left side as usual:

Actually there is only one difference.

Wow. Is this the only way we can tell these apart is because when the faker was making this otherwise highly detailed and refined copy he mistakenly "crossed" the swords wrong. If that is the case, then the only thing that these fakers need to fix is to make sure they put the correct sword on top -from left to right, the "point" to the "handle".

The left star was offered in auciton 26, the one on the right in auction 34. Compare the star bodies and you may find that they are the exact same pieces. Somehow the swords changed from the original Saxon swords to some look like Prussian swords. Well, that is just my humble opinion.

im not sure they are the same!look at the enamel inth ered circles!there does seem to be a difference!!

As noticed by others before, I?m also afraid they are the same. The differences are in my opinion only light reflections.

Gentlemen,

After studying the two, I am inclined to cop out to the possibility of, as Komtur points out, ?light reflections?. More importantly though, it strikes me that (aside from the swords) if there were obvious, or even subtle, differences, would we not be running around trying to figure out which one is ?good? and which one is ?bad??

Wild Card

Could it be that neither of them are correct and that the reason they are a bit off center is because someone took one without swords, drilled a hole, mounted the wrong ones (a bit off cent re), further down the line soneone said "Oooops! Wrong swords!" and replaced them with the second set?

Could it be that neither of them are correct and that the reason they are a bit off center is because someone took one without swords, drilled a hole, mounted the wrong ones (a bit off cent re), further down the line soneone said "Oooops! Wrong swords!" and replaced them with the second set?

Second possibility: An original star without swords changed in old times by a jeweller to a star with X on rings with "Saxon" X. And today (after the 22.4.2005) someone said "Oooops" and replaced them with "Prussian" X :angry:

Well,have a look at the tail feathers-they are different! I think there's no chance that the medallion is the same. That brings in another thought......could it be that the whole thing was split into bits and pieces? A "respawn" with some "spareparts" to give it a different look?

Micha

Well,have a look at the tail feathers-they are different! I think there's no chance that the medallion is the same. That brings in another thought......could it be that the whole thing was split into bits and pieces? A "respawn" with some "spareparts" to give it a different look?

Micha

Sorry again, but in my humble opinion also the medaillon is the same. I think, the "differences" to be seen depend on the light.

Regards, Komtur.

Edited by Komtur