News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Christophe.

The email has well arrived. Many many thanks.

To identify this officer first i think we had to identify the medalbar.

1. the St. Heinrichs-Orden of course

2. maybe AR 1X?

3. EK 2

4. ?

Rick or somebody please heeeeelp

Definitely the photo can be dated at period 1918-1919 (Black wound badge)

Gru? Stefan

Edited by IR 134

The photo was taken in Plauen so it seems very likely to be an officer of Inf.Rgt.134.

What could be a possibility is Res.Inf.Rgt. 243 (3rd bataillon/243 was raised from IR 134 and some officers of IR 134 served in RIR 243), Reserve-Rgt. 133 or maybe Landwehr-Rgt.133. But I tend to the first one: IR 134

Gru? Stefan

Edited by IR 134

Guest Rick Research

I cannot tell what the last award is from the sepia blurred photo. It's not a Hindenburg Cross, it's some WW1 Order with Swords. It LOOKS like, but cannot be, an Oldenburg House Order X.

Until that can be identified, I can't help.

Try changing the contrast and ZOOMING IN on the medal bar for a BIG scan of it.

Guest Rick Research

The more I look at this, the more I think that

weird as it sounds

that is an "Iron Cross sandwich" and what he is wearing LAST is a Saxon Merit Order-Knight 2nd X. :speechless:

I am at a loss for what ELSE it could possibly be with a ribbon like that, so DUMB as this precedence is, that is what I think he is wearing.

Unit numbers on his boards are COMPLETELY unreadable to me.

Gotcha :jumping:

I'v got it : Kurt Zehmisch

Received the

SH3, 27.11.1916

SA3bX, 19.10.1915.

No SV3bX on Roth's book.

No Hohenzollern.

I remember when I bought this, I have got a small paper with a unit and and a first name Kurt and the first letter of the name Z. AFter that I can easily find it. But one medal is missing. Now Rick with his fabulous research can find it.

Regards

Christophe

Guest Rick Research

International Homer Simpson Noise: DOH!!!!!

It is an HE3bX

Principality of Hohenzollern Honor Cross 3bX, Lfd Nr 811 on the Roll, awarded to him as Leutnant dR 1./ KS inf Rgt 134 on 2 May 1918.

:cheers:

Wooooaaahhh Kurt Zehmisch? :jumping::jumping:

Boys you are greeeeeaaaaat.

For me, interested in IR 134th history Kurt Zehmisch is a very faboulus name. He was involved in the Christmas-Peace 1914 in Flanders. Also he had written a Diary which his son, who is still alive and live in Kurt Zehmischs native-town near Plauen, keeps.

Last year was the reopening ceremony of the regimental-monument in Plauen which was destroyed after 1945-. There I met the son and he told me, that his father served in WW2 in Inf.Rgt. 185 (raised in Plauen) and got missing. In civilian life Kurt Zehmisch was a Teacher.

Yesterday, after some looks at the photo i also thougt that might be Kurt Zehmisch, but I was unsure.

Now, I?m still out of words :speechless: .

Gru? Stefan

Guest Rick Research

One of our greatest satisfactions is putting a name-- and so a LIFE-- back on something that is "anonymous."

As long as we remember... the history lives on, even with a sad ending to this officer's story.

Rick, what you says mirrors a quote from Friedrich Nietzsche.

He said "Ein Mensch lebt in seinen B?chern wieder, wenn in jeder Generation nur ein Mensch Dein Buch liest, bist Du nicht tod".

Applies to why we look stuff up and track history down.

Dan