Jump to content

Marine-Oberstabsarzt Dr. Conrad Bobrik...


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Deutschritter said:

After 13 years you have it ... congratulations! May I ask a question to Ernst Böse? I understand RA3 (St. Annen-Orden), but was does RR mean? And what about BHK? Bayern or Braunschweig? Thank you!

His full list of awards:

 

-Eisernes Kreuz (1914) I. Klasse 
-Eisernes Kreuz (1914) II. Klasse
-Königlich Preußischer Roter Adler-Orden IV. Klasse
-Königlich Preußische Kaiser Wilhelm-Centenarmedaille 1897
-China-Denkmünze in Bronze
-Kaiserlich Russische Rote Kreuz Medaille zur Erinnerung an den Russisch-Japanischen Krieg 1904–1905
-Kaiserlich Russischer St. Annenorden III. Klasse
-Kaiserlich Türkischer Medschidié-Orden III. Klasse
-Königlich Preußisches Dienstauszeichnungskreuz 
-Königlich Preußische Rote Kreuz-Medaille II. Klasse
-Königlich Preußische Rote Kreuz-Medaille III. Klasse
-k.u.k. Österreichisches Offiziersehrenzeichen für Verdienste um das Rote Kreuz mit der Kriegsdekoration
-Kaiserlich Türkischer Eiserner Halbmond
-Bremisches Hanseatenkreuz
-Ehren-und Erinnerungskreuz des Marinekorps Flandern
-Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Kriegsmarine Admiral said:

His full list of awards:

 

...
-Ehren-und Erinnerungskreuz des Marinekorps Flandern
-Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer

Very interesting! What is the source you found the last both decorations for Böse?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Komtur said:

Very interesting! What is the source you found the last both decorations for Böse?

I don't have photographic or documentary evidence for the Ehren-und Erinnerungskreuz des Marinekorps Flandern, but Böse served as the Divisionsarzt der I. Marinedivision, Marinekorps Flandern (02.12.1917 - 06.02.1918). This made him eligible to recieve the Flandernkreuz, and I am pretty sure he received it.

 

Regarding the Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer. What do you mean a source for this one? Firstly, it can be seen on Böse's? medal bar that you posted in the first post of this thread. Secondly, every veteran of WW1 was eligible for the Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer. Since Böse saw frontline combat, he is no exeption.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Kriegsmarine Admiral said:

I don't have photographic or documentary evidence for the Ehren-und Erinnerungskreuz des Marinekorps Flandern, but Böse served as the Divisionsarzt der I. Marinedivision, Marinekorps Flandern (02.12.1917 - 06.02.1918). This made him eligible to recieve the Flandernkreuz, and I am pretty sure he received it.

 

Regarding the Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer. What do you mean a source for this one? Firstly, it can be seen on Böse's? medal bar that you posted in the first post of this thread. Secondly, every veteran of WW1 was eligible for the Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer. Since Böse saw frontline combat, he is no exeption.

 

Thank you for your answer.

 

Sorry, my question wasn´t precise enough - I thought there could be a printed source or a portrait of Böse showing these two decorations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/09/2021 at 01:29, Kriegsmarine Admiral said:

His full list of awards:

 

-Eisernes Kreuz (1914) I. Klasse 
-Eisernes Kreuz (1914) II. Klasse
-Königlich Preußischer Roter Adler-Orden IV. Klasse
-Königlich Preußische Kaiser Wilhelm-Centenarmedaille 1897
-China-Denkmünze in Bronze
-Kaiserlich Russische Rote Kreuz Medaille zur Erinnerung an den Russisch-Japanischen Krieg 1904–1905
-Kaiserlich Russischer St. Annenorden III. Klasse
-Kaiserlich Türkischer Medschidié-Orden III. Klasse
-Königlich Preußisches Dienstauszeichnungskreuz 
-Königlich Preußische Rote Kreuz-Medaille II. Klasse
-Königlich Preußische Rote Kreuz-Medaille III. Klasse
-k.u.k. Österreichisches Offiziersehrenzeichen für Verdienste um das Rote Kreuz mit der Kriegsdekoration
-Kaiserlich Türkischer Eiserner Halbmond
-Bremisches Hanseatenkreuz
-Ehren-und Erinnerungskreuz des Marinekorps Flandern
-Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer

You might need Admiral von Müller? Many greetings!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A little contribution about the combatant or no combatant classes of decorations and how were attributed . Roughly if you were positioned in the rear of the front but under the range of fire of the Heavy Artilley of the Enemy you were eligible for a combattant cross . In WW2 the Long Range Bomber expanded the limits of the combattant . The famous German Doctor Ferdinad Sauerbruch was Medical General der reserve in the Wehrmacht Heer . He was serving in Paris when he was awarded the Knight Cross with swords of the War Merit Cross . But with swords why? because the Allied Bombers had bombed the Headquarters of the Army Group in which Sauerbruch was Medical Counsellor 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Blog Comments

    • Two years down the line.   My mother-in-law passed away this summer, as did one of her sisters-in-law.   My exhibition opened, and we had a marvellous speakers' night with four Peacekeeping veterans, including a Meritorious Service Medal winner.  But Covid closed it down in March 2020, and while still there it hasn't reopened.
    • Sounds great other than the Orange & Mango squash only because I prefer cran-pomegranate juice.
    • "(...) disgusting herbal concoction (...)" I took note of this description, to enrich my otherwise limited, English "Wortschatz"...
    • At work the standard indian tea such as PG tips is referred to as chimp tea. This goes back to the days when we had a Spanish girl working for us whose command of the English language was extremely limited. One lunch she said she was going to the shop could she get anything. I asked if she could get a pack of tea bags. She returned with some disgusting herbal concoction. I tried to explain what was required but without success. I then remembered PG tips had a picture of a chimpanzee on the packe
    • When I read Lapsang Souchong i decided to post something about these Tea . Many years ago I dont  know about Lapsang until I read James Michener book Centennial and the description of the savour of the Lapasang as a mix of tar and salt & smoked made me proof . It was exact ! and i liked it since then .
×
×
  • Create New...