News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Czechoslovakian Rocket Flares

jon m.

Hello jon!

It seems like when you put the flare on to the barrel you?re supposed to elevate the rifle

to an angle of 30 to 35 degrees (number 6). That I could make out myself, my Czech connection then

did a rough translation of the rest. Give me a day or two, and I?ll try to post a decent translation.

/GRA

Many Thanks! :cheers:

Hello jon!

It seems like when you put the flare on to the barrel you?re supposed to elevate the rifle

to an angle of 30 to 35 degrees (number 6). That I could make out myself, my Czech connection then

did a rough translation of the rest. Give me a day or two, and I?ll try to post a decent translation.

/GRA

Hello jon!

Here?s a translation, made by someone ignorant of arms (the Czech connection) and checked by someone else (me) who feels

more at home with explosives, but I hope it makes sense anyway. It would be nice to see a picture of the flare, preferrably

attached to the rifle.

Greetings/GRA

22 pcs flares

40-R-Os

Instructions for the use of the flares

1. An automatic rifle without added bayonet is supposed to be used as a support for shooting

of flares.

2. For shooting of flares standing or marching the sling of the automatic rifle has to be

on the right shoulder. The barrel points straight forward and the gun stock is under the

right elbow of the shooter. The chamber points upwards. For the shooting on knees, lying,

sitting or from the trench is the sling not on the shoulder, but the gun stock rests on the

ground.

3.You take the cartridge into your left hand and hold it at chest level, so that the upper

lid points upwards and forward from you. The right hand unscrews and throws away the lid.

4. You put the flare to the barrel and rest it with its bottom end at the front swivel and

the left hand?s palm holds the barrel together with the flare.

5. The right hand releases carefully the drawcord together with the ring, which you take

into the right hand.

6. Give the automatic rifle together with the flare the direction needed and hold it at

an angle of 30 to 35 degrees above the horizon.

7. Pull the cord forcefully and shortly Without changing the position and the angle

of the gun with the flare.

8. Throw the tube, which was left in the hand after the release of the flare.

IT IS PROHIBITED:

a) To unscrew the lid before the preparation of the flaire for shooting.

b) To aim the flare towards people, animals and other objects.

It is necessary to keep in mind, that the flare is live ammunition and it is needed to be

handled as a live gun.

NOTE:

In case of necessity is it possible to use as a support an other gun, and parts of kit

(like carbines, entrenching tools etc.)

If the flare has a rubber ring at the end, you do not need to take it off before using the

flare.