A very nice 1910 tunic for a General Staff major. It has the 1915 'Kolbenlitzen' tabs. Inside the cuff of one sleeve is a pocket. This tunic is almost exactly like the one on page 549 of Kraus' book. I tried many times to sell it a couple of years ago because I have this one and a super nice Majors Kleiner Rock and trousers. I'm glad I DIDN'T sell/trade it now. I've been foolish in the past and have sold many nice tunics, caps, spikes, orders, etc...

I need ot find a visor cap and a nice brocade or field belt for this tunic.

EKI NEEDED!!! :rolleyes:

Charles, I notice two nice ribbon bars on the tunics. Are they original to the piece or original bars? Could you post a pic of the front and back of each?

Both ribbon bars are original. I'll try to either post them here or find links to where they've been posted already.

Charles

Here's the proper schirmmutze for your tunic...

Dave

uhlan14capcd1.jpg

DAVE, you are alive! That's a super sharp visor. That's what I've been searching for these many years. That's the same for a ulan Rgt 14 or maybe Fragoon Rgt 12.

Charles

Charles:

Yes, this cap could also be used for UR 14, but for officers of DR 11 and 12, the band color would be more of a maroon shade and the band and piping would be in velvet.

Dave

It's hard for me to tell on the colors sometimes. Someday I shall find one for my collection. The search continuuuuueeess...

Here's a photo of a general and staff officer's. Not mine but from another post on the forum that I can no longer find.

Charles, I notice two nice ribbon bars on the tunics. Are they original to the piece or original bars? Could you post a pic of the front and back of each?

As requested, one of the ribbon bars that has been displayed on this tunic.

The other bar. This belonged to Oberstleutnant D?rr (Duerr?)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 8 years later...