Russian Belt Buckle

Hello Everyone,

Sometimes I add an item to my medal collection just to give it some variety. That and there are times when I am out searching the antiques malls and there just are no medals to be had so I add something different to the collection. Sound familiar?

Anyway I purchased a belt buckle this summer at one such antiques mall for about twice what I should have paid(one born every minuet) :rolleyes: . It is a common Russian buckle but I was hoping that someone might be able to give me a little more information on the time period in which it was manufactured. I searched the forum and found one like it but the markings on the back were different. If anyone could shed some light on this question it would be appreciated.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

"R" and "U" and ? a third something. Upside down it was. Here it is RSU--

This seems to be a generic, universal buckle used for DECADES. I've seen them on old leather belts and on the late mock-vinyl-ish woven whatever it is material ones. No way at all to tell 1940s or 1980s, that I know of. It's the belts that changed, not the buckles.

"R" and "U" and ? a third something. Upside down it was. Here it is RSU--

This seems to be a generic, universal buckle used for DECADES. I've seen them on old leather belts and on the late mock-vinyl-ish woven whatever it is material ones. No way at all to tell 1940s or 1980s, that I know of. It's the belts that changed, not the buckles.

Thanks Rick. It fits well with my USSR medal collection as they are spread out all over the decades as well.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian