News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Finnish Pilot's Badge ...

Homburg was with the Staff of the Finnish Air Force from April 1923 to September 1924 and worked on aerial photography projects. No doubt this was given to him in honor of that service by the Finns.

Mike

Edited by Mike Heuer

• Replies 195
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Some very nice portrait pictures for sure => thanks for showing them.

And i am very happy to announce that the following person posted by 'Wessel has been identifyed :jumping:

The shown person is 'Robert Schwede', he was a civil glider pilot who earned the Silver C Glider profiency badge on 03.07.1939 (the bullion version can be seen sewn on to his tunic.) :speechless:

I have picked up a photoalbum during my Germany trip from a few days ago where he is shown, everything is exact the same (ribbon bar, awards, same face, etc...) except that he is one rank higher in the picture from Wessel. And the picture i have has the following caption "Der Alte Schwede" => so a search in the unpublished Silevr C holders list did do a 100 % match. So your person from the picture has now a name again : Robert Schwede :cheers:

Cordial greetings,

Mike,

Those DLV photos are phenomenal! Thank you for sharing them with us!

David,

I love the named Admin officer. What was his specialty?

Kevin,

Those are some magnificent flyer's portraits.

Hi Stijn...Well done and thanks!! can you post some of the photos, especially the one with the higher rank tunic. I have a tunic supposedly owned by this gentleman (the photo came with the tunic) which is of higer rank (I'm on hols at the moment so cannot post photos of it).

Well, as a few posed group-shots have sneaked into the portrait thread, hows this for something you don't see too often. In over 40 years of collecting, I can count the number of Luftwaffe Feldgendarmerie shots I've found in single figures.

Hello!

Gordon

Wow,amazing find.I agree not often to see.Congrats. :jumping: :jumping: :jumping::rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

All the best :cheers:

Nesredep

• 3 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...

here are some new ones... Notice that these first two are from the same man. The group photo was when he was with the regular Luftwaffe in 1939. I am guessing that he had the red waffenfarbe, judging by the trade badge. As can be seen, he later became an official. Notice that he won the 1939 EK2 and EK1, most likely before becoming an official.