News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 195
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Oberst Johannes Oehmichen of the Nachrichten truppen.

While this is a Soldbuch photo it pins down the name of one of the previously posted portraits.

If you look back to post No.113 in this tread there is another image of Oehmichen.

Cheers

Jeremy

Feldwebel Otto Hesse also of the Nachrichten truppen.

Of note on Hesse's ribbon bar are the Spanish awards the Medalla de la Campana (Spanish Campaign Cross) and the Rotes Milit?rverdienstkreuz (Red Military Service Cross).

Cheers

Jeremy

Edited by spanferkel

Unteroffizer Johannes Flath wearing his High Seas Fleet Badge.

Flath served with Bordfliegerstaffel 5/196 and Bordfliegerstaffel 1/196 on board

Kreuzer K?nigsberg

Kreuzer Prinz Eugen

Kreuzer Admiral Scheer

Cheers

Jeremy

and another GPB...

#123-the GPB guy?

what's his ribbon bar consist of?

Austrian anschluss/sudeten annex and west wall?

Hey!! LtCol. Oehmichen!!!!

Tres cool.

Thankee.

What units did he serve in? Did he survive the war?

Edited by Ulsterman

Oberj?ger Helmut Hildebrandt of 4./Jager Regt. 41 (L)

THose are some GREAT photos!!! I do not know where to begin!! The LW man with the KM High Seas Fleet is spectacular.

Also notice the LW Field Division man, Oberj?ger Helmut Hildebrandt , has the rank gulls directly onto the collar, as per the 1944 regulations!! Very nice!

Also, I find it interesting that Oberstingenieur Kurt Breith is a WW1 vet who got a 1939 EK2 as an Ingenier!!!!!!.

THose are some GREAT photos!!! I do not know where to begin!! The LW man with the KM High Seas Fleet is spectacular.

Also notice the LW Field Division man, Oberj?ger Helmut Hildebrandt , has the rank gulls directly onto the collar, as per the 1944 regulations!! Very nice!

Also, I find it interesting that Oberstingenieur Kurt Breith is a WW1 vet who got a 1939 EK2 as an Ingenier!!!!!!.

Thanks Paul/Ulsterman,

Yeah I must say the Flath portrait is one of my favorites. While he was not flying crew his job on the ships listed was I believe range finder. That said he was abroad Konigsberg when she was sunk in Norway in 1940 and abroad Prinz Eugen during their successful channel dash.

Brieth served with the Kriegsmarine in WW1, just at the end which is why only the Erhenkampfer cross. Also his EK2 was awarded in 1940 when he was temporarily attached to StG 77.

I have the balance of the documents for these groups which I'll post in another thread.

Thanks for the comments.

Jeremy