News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

"Hussar style" uniform, 19th century-WW1

Hello gents,

long time since I've visited the German topics on GMIC as I went collection something else.

I bought this uniform, the seller said it was a German cavalry uniform, however I have seen them before and remembered them as something from the navy or artillery.

can anybody give me more information on this uniform?

Thanks in advance.

kind regards,

Roeland

c7e71jf0.jpg

Guest Rick Research

No markings anywhere? Nothing on the buttons?

This looks like generic 19th century-style Continental horse artillery to me-- Dutch or Belgian?

I tend to agree with Rick: not British. The braiding doesn't look right for British, which tends to run in straight lines horizontally across the chest but without the 'connecting' loops this one has. The 'crowsfoot' on the sleeves looks wrong too: British would have three equal size loops, I think. But it does say "gunner" to me to.

Colour is dicey, given both the probably age and the idiosyncrousies of colour photos, but the red doesn't look right for Uk either, even faded. It actually appears orange on the site here, which if true would maybe suggest Dutch?

• 2 weeks later...

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2007/post-697-1198422661.jpgHere's an example of a British RHA (Royal Horse Artillery) tunic

Very Beautiful tunic: Great piece of history.

Thank you for sharing:

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

• 2 weeks later...

hello Gents,

I lost the topic, didn't see where it was removed to and though it was deleted :cheeky:

I was told it could be a pre-1842 Brandenburg hussar uniform. I don't think it is Dutch.

The color is dark blue and red.

here are more pictures of it, don't mind the medals on it, they don't belong to the uniform:

naphuzaar2pq0.jpg

brandunifnap2iw0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...