News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just found this group for sale for the price of a small oil producing country,

Anhalt - House Order of Albrecht the Bear (1836)

Saxony - Order of the White Falcon (1732)

Norway - Order of St. Olav (1847)

Oldenburg - House Order of Peter Frederick Louis (1838)

Baden - Order of the Lion of Zahringen (1812)

Brunswick - Order of Henry the Lion (1832)

Prussia - Johanniter Order (1852)

Hesse - Order of William (1851)

Hesse - House Order of the Golden Lion (1770)

Luxembourg - Order of the Oak Crown (1841)

Saxony - Order of Ernestine (1833)

Sweden - Order of the North Star (1748)

Saxony - Order of Albert (1850)

Belgium - Order of Leopold (1832)

Prussia - Order of the Red Eagle (1792)

Hanover - Order of Ernst August (1865)

Hanover - Royal Order of the Guelph (1841)

Is it the genuine article?

Just found this group for sale for the price of a small oil producing country,

Anhalt - House Order of Albrecht the Bear (1836)

Saxony - Order of the White Falcon (1732)

Norway - Order of St. Olav (1847)

Oldenburg - House Order of Peter Frederick Louis (1838)

Baden - Order of the Lion of Zahringen (1812)

Brunswick - Order of Henry the Lion (1832)

Prussia - Johanniter Order (1852)

Hesse - Order of William (1851)

Hesse - House Order of the Golden Lion (1770)

Luxembourg - Order of the Oak Crown (1841)

Saxony - Order of Ernestine (1833)

Sweden - Order of the North Star (1748)

Saxony - Order of Albert (1850)

Belgium - Order of Leopold (1832)

Prussia - Order of the Red Eagle (1792)

Hanover - Order of Ernst August (1865)

Hanover - Royal Order of the Guelph (1841)

Is it the genuine article?

holy moses. Who can carry so much? :cheeky:

Hello dante,

In my opinion, this looks like a perfectly good group. Maybe it is because of one of my particular interests that I say this, but considering the precedence of the Order of the Guelph and the presence (and precedence) of the Ernst August Order, I would start by looking for a Hannoverian.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Edited by Wild Card

Karl Otto Unico Ernst von Malortie

Linden-Hannover 15 nov 1804

Hannover 11 okt 1887

Grandcross order of the Oakcrown, 27 apr 1856

Von Malortie receives the Commanders Cross I Class of the House Order of the Golden Lion (Churhessen) 26.11.1845

This CHGL Order was renamed Wilhelmsorder in 1851.

Von Malortie received the Grandcross of the House Order 05.06.1851.

In my personal opinion it will be very unlikely to find any other persons with all of these 3 orders. However my research into the churhessian orders has not been completed yet, I am for 85% sure.

Von Malortie receives the Commanders Cross I Class of the House Order of the Golden Lion (Churhessen) 26.11.1845

This CHGL Order was renamed Wilhelmsorder in 1851.

Von Malortie received the Grandcross of the House Order 05.06.1851.

In my personal opinion it will be very unlikely to find any other persons with all of these 3 orders. However my research into the churhessian orders has not been completed yet, I am for 85% sure.

Its advertised in Armoury of St James's - Military Antiques , for ?8750 :speechless1:

Guest Rick Research

SALE IN PROGRESS ALERT !!!

:Cat-Scratch::speechless1: They're selling it for that and they don't even know (or more to the point: CARE) whose it was? :speechless1::banger:

Once again, gentlemen, I would advise you NOT to put money in other people's pockets for them by your efforts and diligence. :cheers:

Prithee :rolleyes: continueth this amongst your interested selves by PM until the sale is over. :catjava:

One of the things that really really really REALLY irks me

as a person who spends hours, days, and sometimes longer hunting down "lost bars" is

for a total stranger to walk in at the end and make money off of MY work without so much as the most blatantly insincere of "thank you"s.

At the price being asked for this, please don't do that for Parties Unknown. :speechless1:

Rick:

Very well stated! This sort of thing irks me too! There is no sense publicly identifying this piece in order for the seller to make money off it. This in no way serves collectors who have a genuine interest in these items.

That being said, I do not believe however that there will be too many takers at the astronomical price at which this beautiful and genuine set of miniatures is being offered. The folks that are selling it seem to be a bit taken with their items and they apparently wish to retain most of them forever (considering the prices at which they are offered).

Best regards,

"SPM"

Edited by Schie?platzmeister

Rick:

Very well stated! This sort of thing irks me too! There is no sense publicly identifying this piece in order for the seller to make money off it. This in no way serves collectors who have a genuine interest in these items.

That being said, I do not believe however that there will be too many takers at the astronomical price at which this beautiful and genuine set of miniatures is being offered. The folks that are selling it seem to be a bit taken with their items and they apparently wish to retain most of them forever (considering the prices at which they are offered).

Best regards,

"SPM"

Rick is right, this is not my thing, just wanted to let you guys know about the group......

Guest Rick Research

Information will NOT be lost forever. Thanks to Dante, the image has been saved here and anyone interested in mega-colossal :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1: award groups of the ?1860s can save the image for yourselves.

And AFTER the sale is over-- assuming one of those furtive creatures with more money than God whose collections are displayed ONLY in bank vaults actually BUYS it-- have no fear the 19th century guys will have biographical details.