News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Wiedmann Marine Artillery Badge

A marked example with the other style fittings. Unfortunately this pic which appeared in a mag many years ago has had the background painted out, making the distinctive outline profile difficult to compare but the maker mark can be seen, as can the fact that the pin fittings are directly attached, not staked in. This type also usually appears non-maker marked.

• 1 year later...

Based on the reverse images posted by Gordon, then this example is not a Wiedmann? It has long been posted on WAF as a Wiedmann but challenged recently as not a Wiedmann.

If not a Wiedmann, any opinions on what it is so I can correct the file.

John

John,

at this point i cannot match this particular badge to any other CA i have on file.So,i guess to me it is "maker unknown" right now.

Regards,Martin.

Thanks Martin. John

I've had examples of other badges by what I believe is the same (unknown) manufacturer. Always with the same shape of plate to which the retaining clip is attached, always needle pin and formed sheet metal hinge, and always with faint striations across the back. Clearly the badges had been held against a linishing belt to remove rough edges after the cropping die was used.

No idea of the maker, but pretty certain its not Wiedmann.