News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Auke's Soviet Awards

Interestingly, MMM # 298909 and BM # 53677 were originally bestowed on rectangular suspension, but were changed to five-sided suspension after the regulation changes of 19 June 1943. BM # 53677 was probably awarded around July 1942 and is my oldest award. MMM # 298909 is researched and was awarded on 14 February 1943. I'll post the research results later.

Also, BM # 53677 has one of the lowest observed stamped serial numbers as far as I know. Interestingly, the medal also shows repair to the ribbon, probably done by the veteran, and it has a replacement suspension ring.

mmoe3v.jpgmmoe3a.jpg

Edited by Ferdinand

Guest Rick Research

:love:

So many things to RESEARCH!!!

That is a remarkably early Bravery Medal-- maybe that should be first on your research list. 1942 awards are usually UNDER-decorated by 1944/45 standards and... the way things are going...

who knows how much longer research will be possible?

Yep, it definately will, but I love that aspect of collecting Soviet awards :beer: Nothing is as interesting as knowing who the person behind the award was.

Here are the reverses of the Glory's:

Edited by Ferdinand

Two Krasnokamsk Mint Flatbacks, # 533651 and 573240, and on the right a Moscow Mint Ring Reverse, # 983897. This Ring Reverse is a very late 2nd Class type 2, produced in 1969, and is only 1800 numbers below the type 2 with the highest number (985700).