News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Republic Order of Abd al-Karim Qasim

Guest IMHF

Republic Order of Abd al-Karim Qasim (Military)

Here is an Order I just bought from my antique dealer friend in Baghdad, Iraq: The price for this beauty was $2,500.00.

It did not come with a sash or ribbon, not even a case.

Owain wrote: in an e-mail

"The Order consists in its two classes and grades of the emblem of the Republic of Iraq in its natural colours surrounded by two light green palm leaves, which cross at the base of the emblem and tied as a bow. At the base the inscription "The Order of the Republic" in Koufic script. At the top of the emblem a small wreath with a ring to link the medal to the ribbon. The First Class badge is surrounded by an octagonal multi-rayed golden star with five rays between each point. On the reverse of the Order a flat eight pointed star with white circle in its centre of 3cm diameter with the inscription in Koufic script "The Order of the Republic", below the date "1377 H". In the centre a gilt circle, 1.75cm diameter, inscribed "The People" and to the bottom left an Arabic sword with a Kurdish dagger to the right side. At the top the 14 July flame. This inscription, sword, dagger and 14 July flame is a three dimensional pattern oval in shape and in the middle equilateral triangle written in it the letter "G" in Koufic script and represents the strength of the army and its merging with the people. The diameter of the design is as follows:

First Class 8.5cm. Second Class 6.25cm."

Kind regards,

Owain

Thank you Owain for your information on my Iraqi Order

Thank you for viewing:

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Picture with the ribbon povided by a good friend: Owain

Republic Order of Abd al-Karim Qasim 1958 (Civil)

Edited by IMHF

Lorenzo,

Also posted on the Rafidain thread........This is the Order of the Republic instituted by Qassem to replace the Order of the Rafidain. In two classes, both neck badges (1st class yes and proabably 2nd class also a neck badge), civil and military divisions with crossed swords on the suspension wreath to differentiate these divisions. manufactured by Huguenin. I belive the 2nd class does not have the sunburst outer rim. At $2,500 a bit too much for my pocket - towards $1,500 would be more to my liking but it is a very very scarce piece and yours looks to be in good conditon. I was offered a 2nd class grade in 2000 for $600 but it was so badly damaged I passed on it - see images- no regrets. Your next challenge is to get some ribbon!

Owain

P.S. After Qassem's overthrow this order as with the obverse badge which was on the flag of the new republic became obsolete and the Rafidain was revived in its Republican format

Piece of art work that I received from Owain: By e-mail

Owian

Do you have anything published on this Iraqi Order? If so please e-mail me the details i would love to have a copy of your work on this specific Iraqi Order.

Thank you

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

• 3 months later...

As Lorenzo has kindly provided me with a picture of his specimen for my website, I am now full of questions. Is the ribbon shown in Owain's picture used for both civil & military awards, and for both classes? And does anyone have pictures which I might use apart from Lorenzo's 1st Class Military badge, which I shall be posting tonight?

Guest IMHF

In post number 2 the Order is shown with the original neck ribbon, can you make one digital like the others you have on your site?

Lorenzo

Guest IMHF

I am looking for a civil Order of the Republic in the $2000.00 range so if you have any information on this Order please let me know

Thank you

Lorenzo

Guest IMHF

I can do one for the ribbon chart, yes, based on the one in the picture Owain sent you.

The website looks very nice:

Thank you

Lorenzo

Thank YOU, Lorenzo - you were kind enough to share your picture of the 1st Class Military badge!

Think the ribbon's about right. But I think I am still confused about the name - is it that both Order of Abd al-Karim Qasim and Order of the Republic refer to the same thing?

• 2 weeks later...
    • 6 years later...
    • 2 years later...

Hi my grandfather has one of those he was a senior general in Iraq army, may I ask if some one want to sell it ? Thanks

I meant I want to buy one of those. 

Thanks

Would like to buy another one thanks

My grand father had one ( the republican order), and it's still in our home in Iraq, my uncles wouldn't give it away, this why I wanted to have one for my self. 

If you talk about the order of two rivers , i think you can get ones in the internet , the second class will be sellable for around 1500-2000$.

Thanks for your replay