News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yugoslav National Army POLITICAL OFFICERS

G'day Group. I am a worldwide collector of POLITICAL OFFICER CADRE insignia...

Can anyone in the forum please help me to acquire information about the Yugoslav Political Officers uniform accoutrment, insignia and regalia?

What items of insignia was worn by these chaps to distinguish themsleves as such?

Did they do so?

Did they receive special training?

Where? What was awarded to them for this training?

Did they receive any further political specific awards during their service period or career?

Looking forward to any advice, suggestions and information

Drew

• 4 weeks later...

The only YU Award which refers to political commissars is Order of Partisan Star 1st class.

The Declaration of Order of Partisan Star 1st class was modified on October 3, 1944. New regulation:

?for Order of Partisan Star I class are to be proposed military superiors, commander, and political commissars who distinguished themselves with courageous commanding. This Order is granted to military superiors from commander and political commissar of a brigade and higher. By way of exception this order can be granted to military commander lower rank or fighter who distinguished themselves by extraordinary heroism but not yet deserved the title of National Hero?;

Picture 10.1.1 Colonel Vaso Jovanovic, commander of 1st proletar division, colonel Vlado Scekic commissar of 1st proletary division (from left to right)

@drewchaneyau

It is a badge of the Military-Political Academy. The academy trained officers for political work in JNA units.

Thanks....did thebadge come in variants, different grades? I see sometimes the JNA pins......do you know much about their wear?

Take care, Drew

Thanks....did thebadge come in variants, different grades? I see sometimes the JNA pins......do you know much about their wear?

Take care, Drew

There were four variants of the military political academy badge.

Drewchaneyau's badge is for high military political academy of air force (blue background). It was issiued from 1974 till 1991. Badges from that period were made in gold coloured metal. From that period there were also badge for high military political academy of navy (dark blue background) and for high military political academy of army (red background).

Beside these badges there was also a badge for military political academy, which was issued in period from 1970 till 1974. It was same as badge for high military political academy of army, what means it had red background. But it was made from silver coloured metal.

Regards, Sebastijan

There were four variants of the military political academy badge.

Drewchaneyau's badge is for high military political academy of air force (blue background). It was issiued from 1974 till 1991. Badges from that period were made in gold coloured metal. From that period there were also badge for high military political academy of navy (dark blue background) and for high military political academy of army (red background).

Beside these badges there was also a badge for military political academy, which was issued in period from 1970 till 1974. It was same as badge for high military political academy of army, what means it had red background. But it was made from silver coloured metal.

Regards, Sebastijan

Hello Sebastijan :beer:

My sincere thansk for the clarrification. I am now seeking eagerly the navy and army versions........do you have such? Want to part with them? Have you got pictures of the silver coloured version you mention in your second paragraph?

take care -Drew

Hi Drew

My opinion is that badges of high military political academy are quite rare and it is not easy to find them. In last three years, when my interests are focused in yugoslavian national army insignia, here in Slovenia I see only one time badges for army and navy academy. So I still looking the badge for air force academy and silver coloured badge of military political academy. Unfortunately I have no picture of that last mentioned badge. About its exist I found information in an artice about yugoslavian militarry political academy badges written by Nenad Bjelo?.

Regards