News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Badge October Revolution 1917

• 3 years later...

Gentlemen,

it seems that we get more clear picture about this badge. This badge was offered at last action at Barac and Parvan on 07.05.2011 as:

SPOMENICA OKTOBARSKE REVOLUCIJE, IKOM-Zagreb, jedna od najrjeđih oznaka iz razdoblja 1945-1990, I

# 1401 - 1000 €

SPOMENICA OKTOBARSKE REVOLUCIJE, IKOM-Zagreb, jedna od najrjeđih oznaka iz razdoblja 1945-1990, I, dodijeljivana samo 1947 godine i nakon događaja od 1948 proskribirana i zabranjena. Sačuvano tek nekoliko primjeraka. RRRR

Source: http://www.barper.com/hr/Numizmatika-Militarija-A-XXII/Militarija/Jugoslavija/SPOMENICA-OKTOBARSKE-REVOLUCIJE-IKOM-Zagreb-jedna-od-najrjedih-oznaka-iz-razdoblja-1945-1990-I/23/261/241/20850/

w.

In English: COMMEMORATIVE BADGE OF OCTOBER REVOLUTION, Ikom-Zagreb, one of the rarest badges of the 1945-1990 period, awarded in 1947 only and after the 1948-events withdrawn and forbidden. Only a few examples survived. RRRR

wlod, thanks for reviving this topic, I remember I've seen the Barac&Parvan auction, but I completely forgot this discussion... :speechless: Nonetheless, I think 1000€ is really waaaaay too much, no matter how rare this badge is... :whistle:

By the way, I heard bad things about this particular auction house, do you know anything about it? Is it trustworthy? Thanks.

Cheers,

Filip

Edited by Drugo

• 2 weeks later...

There's one more decoration for yugoslav participants in October revolution. The plaque was awarded in 1967 (50 years) to all surviving veterans of October revolution. It came in 4 language variants - serbian, croat, slovenian and macedonian, mine is Croatian. The most rare is probably macedonian. Quite a scarce thing, I got this in early 90's but never seen one for sale again.

• 9 years later...

This is badge for Yugoslav participants in the October revolution and was made in IKOM Zagreb, for survival participant 1947. for 30th Anniversary of the Octobar Revolution. Because of conflict between Tito-Stalin 1948. badge is withdrawn and forbidden so it's very rare.