News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Case question

Stu W

Hello folks,

Can anyone tell me if the wood case used for the 1914-1915 War Medal (single row of Kanji on reverse) is the same as used for the 1914-1920 War Medal with double row of text?

Thanks and regards to all.

Stu

Hello Laurence,

Thank you for your prompt reply. If you are able to confirm which medal it is for I will then get to photographing and posting my modest but growing collection. Japanese militaria is new to me and I am stumbling along with Peterson's latest edition of The Orders and Medals of Japan and Associated States in one hand and the good old magnifying glass in the other. One photo to follow.

Regards,

Stu

When I mentioned one and two lines of Kanji on the item I meant the medal not the case cover. Sorry, I should have been more specific. My problem is I have both medals but only one case and don't know which to assign it to.

Regards,

Stu

It is for the later medal. The characters on the lid say that it is for Taisho Year 3 to 9 (ie 1914-20).

The only difference between the two lid inscriptions is the 7th character from the top, ie it changes from a four to a nine.

Best regards,

Paul

Edited by Paul L Murphy