News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pickelhaube with honorbandeau

What is the consensus of the pickelhaube that went on ebay some weeks ago.

Third one i've seen in my little collecting carrer.

Seems there is a name in the rear rim? Harald Olberg. The forename being a usual name in Sweden.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=350008182847

(Missed out on a pk with our old swedish Queen dressed up in full the uniform of a Honor Colonel. Didn't save the picture otherwise i could've showed this impressive sanke.)

Edited by RaZpuTiN

• 2 weeks later...

it is really important in these helmets to look at the back of the Wappen. There is no picture in the eBay advertisement of the back of that plate. It seems as though the screws that extend through the shell are too thin for originals. So very hard to tell with just these pictures. I hope this helps.

I will confirm with a museum here in town, but I believe they have one as well from this regt. that belonged to a well known painter. The helmet, paintings and other items came directly from the painters family.

I will get the information to you within the week.

Regards...Henry

Thanks for replying.

Joe, I see. I've sent an messesage to the seller asking for pictures of the back. Though I will not get my hopes up as it is sadly already sold.

Sounds very interesting Henry, awaiting yor post with excitment.

I'm quite intrested with anything releated to this regiment, with it's connection to Sweden. Pommern being a old Swedish province.

• 1 month later...

Do anyone know if there were any regimentsgeschichte published for this unit?

I've searched and found one from 1988, but can't find any more information on it than this

Author Walter Mittelst?dt

Title Aus der Geschichte des F?silier-Regiments K?nigin Victoria von Schweden (Pommersches) Nr. 34

Published in Pommern Vol. 26 Issue 1 (1988), 23-28, Abb.

Systematics 07.06 - Political history :: Military history

Keyword(s) Armed forces, Prussian ; Armed forces, Swedish

Geogr. Keyword Stettin

Person keyword Viktoria von Baden (1862-1930)

Time keyword 1604-1920

OPAC

I've checked abebooks, albris, past ebay auctions but can't come up with anything.

This "Pommern Vol. 26 Issue 1" do anyone know what kind of publishing this is?

Found another from 1933.

Nummer: 26872

Autor: Kraehe

Titel: Das F?silier-Regiment K?nigin Victoria von Schweden (Pommersche)

Untertitel: Nr. 34 im Weltkriege. Mit ?berblick ?ber die Zeit 1720-1914. A. d. Reihe "Erinnerungsbl?tter deutscher Regimenter".

Verlag: Hessenland

• 2 months later...
    • 1 year later...