News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Two "identical Jubilees" were either a 1905 or 1911 AND the "Christmas 1918" handed out in the 1920s to Royalists:

This maddeningly unidentified :banger::banger::banger: von Somebodyorother pair's wearer made a "sandwich" of his with the official 1918 wedding jubilee medal after both and a 1920s Rupprecht Medal in the middle of the two "jubilee" ribbons. (And still slighted his Austrian awards post-Anschluss, naughty nobleman!)

• Replies 50
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...

By any chance could somebody be showing they were awarded one of the Silver, Prince Alfons Badges

by placing this ribbon on the bar? :unsure: just a guess on my part.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

By any chance could somebody be showing they were awarded one of the Silver, Prince Alfons Badges

by placing this ribbon on the bar? :unsure: just a guess on my part.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_04_2008/post-950-1208510718.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_04_2008/post-950-1208510732.jpg

Kevin in Deva :beer:

I've wondered for years if there was some connection to that one, but without any actual evidence, I can't really go that far. The closest I've found is an example of a medal that uses the same ribbon as a different grade of the Alfons badge. It wasn't on a bar though.

The fact is that there are at least two people that did whatever this is...

Guest Rick Research

I doubt it-- this ribbon is found on Third Reich groups where an Alfons would have been banned. There being no 1st Class Alfons versions ever found for such wear also argues against this.

It's got to have been a recognized demi-official either Red Cross or industrial (pre-Treudienstkreuz) award to have slid by the Nazi ban on Weird Weimar Things.

I doubt it-- this ribbon is found on Third Reich groups where an Alfons would have been banned. There being no 1st Class Alfons versions ever found for such wear also argues against this.

It's got to have been a recognized demi-official either Red Cross or industrial (pre-Treudienstkreuz) award to have slid by the Nazi ban on Weird Weimar Things.

Hallo Ricky,

slight off topic here but is there a legit reason for the green ribbon on this "Gold" Alfons insignia??

Kevin in Deva.

slight off topic here but is there a legit reason for the green ribbon on this "Gold" Alfons insignia??

I haven't been able to figure out what the story with the Alfons ribbons is. There are a few different ribbons floating around out there. It seems like the ribbons only appear on the gold or the silver, but I'm not positive.

Regarding the Alfons on the ribbon bar, if it were only one of the bars, it would almost seem more likely to be legit. Against regulations, of course, but one person's odd way of showing off their Alfons. With two bars now, it seems more like something that was done with some measure of official approval on some level.

Heureka! Heureka! Well, maybe heureka... it isn't even the correct ribbon but close - and made sense. Here on the sales, offered by hipnos...

:rolleyes:

I took his pictures as they'll dissapear from the sale room, but don't tell anyone I stole them... ;)

Heureka! Heureka! Well, maybe heureka... it isn't even the correct ribbon but close - and made sense. Here on the sales, offered by hipnos...

I took his pictures as they'll dissapear from the sale room, but don't tell anyone I stole them... ;)

It looks downright Finnish...

Hmmm

-the Kreigerbund medal would make more sense.

Alfons "shooting badges" seem to have ALWAYS been represented by the schnalle.

One sees them in portraits always that way and considering he gave them out prolifically as a mark of royal esteem (seemingly to very aged Bavarian veteran and shopkeeper one sees in photos) I doubt seriously that it would have been represented on this class of ribbon bar. The kreigerbund medal however, is different.

Those vets associations had prestige and were important and it is a quasi-official medal.

Photo below @ 1926-32

Edited by Ulsterman

• 9 months later...

Hello Everyone:

Note that this is NOT the correct ribbon for this medal. The original ribbon was white on one side and pale blue (Himmelfarb) on the other. This medal was also for a veteran's flag and was never worn by an individual as far as is known.

Best regards,

"SPM"

• 3 weeks later...

That "wannabe Milit?rsanit?tsorden" from #45 is the "Kriegs-Erinnerungskreuz 1914 - 1918" from the "Verband Bayrischer Frontk?mpfer e.V.", Nie 2.02.16. Unfortunally, shown without ribbon.

However, the ribbon on the bar has silver wreath... :ninja:

That "wannabe Milit?rsanit?tsorden" from #45 is the "Kriegs-Erinnerungskreuz 1914 - 1918" from the "Verband Bayrischer Frontk?mpfer e.V.", Nie 2.02.16. Unfortunally, shown without ribbon.

However, the ribbon on the bar has silver wreath... :ninja:

Do you mean the edge stripes? In one photo, they do look silvery, and in the one on the right it looks more like a dingy white. I sent off an email to the seller, and hopefully I can get a little clairification.