News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Advice on Finnish pilots badge on dealers site

Hi,

It looks pretty good but I would trust the guys on the Finnish forum to tell for sure. Ask them at http://z10.invisionfree.com/Finnish_Awards/index.php?

Cheers,

Tod

Just spotted this,always thought the pins at the rear were at top and bottom ???

Anyone in the know on here regarding Finnish Pilot badges ???

Is it WW2 period and correct ??

I admit not my area of knowledge though always wanted one !

Thanks

steve

Hi,

Thanks for the advice,what price are these usually then as there certainly are not many around.

cheers

Steve

I would 800 EUR is still acceptable, but nothing more for this type.

There are three types, which this is the latest and most common. (3rd type)

2nd type has much lighter color of blue on enammelled center. 1st type (Extremely rare) is pin back and almost flat.

This 3rd type was the one that was awarded during WW2, but also slightly before. That is also common since roughly 100 unissued pieces were liberated from manufacturers stocks in 1990's. There is one special type in silver (hallmarked), which was made in 1929 - that is very rare!!!

Beware of fakes!

Jani

• 15 years later...

I want to present you my Finnish pilot badge. This badges are rarely seen especially the early version.

This badges belonged to a German navy observer who served on the Baltic front during WW1 (SFS Windau, SFS Reval).

KR
    Alex

Finnland - FA (vs).jpg

Finnland - FA (rs).jpg