Ring from Liege/Luik ?

The ring shows the perron; it's is a monument representing the independence of the people of Li?ge "LG" wich means " Libertas Gentis", "Freedom for the People". Because of it's shape I think it's an older, ring perhaps between the wars 1 and 2 ? Is it edited for a special military event like the end of WW1? What medal could be depicted?

I'm interested in your opinion.

Cheers,

Benten

Edited by benten

The ring shows the perron; it's is a monument representing the independence of the people of Li?ge "LG" wich means " Libertas Gentis", "Freedom for the People". Because of it's shape I think it's an older, ring perhaps between the wars 1 and 2 ? Is it edited for a special military event like the end of WW1? What medal could be depicted?

I'm interested in your opinion.

Cheers,

Benten

Hello Benten,

"Le Perron" is a monument near the townhall of Li?ge. Although the monument was used in many WWI representations (see pic of medal of Liege 1914), it is much older. You will find enough info on the website of Li?ge: http://www.liege.be/svcommu/perron.htm .

with kind regards,

Jef