News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

M1A2 SEP 120mm Abrams Tank

Guest IMHF

Eddie

The picture of the interior of the turret is of an M1A1, I have pictures of the M1A2 SEP in my collection of pictures I took at work. The 120mm Smooth Bore has a larger depletated uranium round as the 105mm rifled gun is smaller. I my self prefer the Big Gun... Both Guns are made from German design as well as the breech.

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Lorenzo,

If its not restricted would you mind posting a few?

Both good guns without a doubt I don't think the 105mm has been developed to its full capabilty though.

The Challenger trials of the 120mm smoothbore gun started in 2006 but i haven't heard or seen any details on how it went yet.

It would make replen a lot easier if all the forces used the same guns and ammo. We Brits love the Ole HESH round though because of its all-round capacity and they can't be used with a smoothbore barrel.

Regards Eddie.

Edited by Taz

Tankers are soooooo gay....

Long live the Infantry !!!!!!!!!! :-)

Lol Chris,

A Tanker carries Petrol a "Tankie" operates Tanks.

Not really much difference any more, Infantry are motorised and Tankies have been Infantry trained for years.

My first year and a half was in Assault troop equiped with Saracen APC's.

We were trained on Carl Gustavs, Zeberdee radar and used SLR's, SMG's, GPMG's, LMG's, M79 grenade launchers, 9 mm Brownings and Riot guns in that time and later during my two and a bit tours of N.Ireland. Also both times in the NI search team.

We trained with the French Paratroopers and Commandos in France Plus the normal everyday tank training.

So more of an upper class footslogger come Tankie, only we could drink and shoot better :D

:cheers: Eddie.

• 6 months later...

I do have some pictures of the inside interrior: I will have to post them when I get back home from Iraq.

I took these pictures back in the first days of the SEP Tank:

Thank you

Lorenzo