News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

another Katana

gregM

Here is another Katana for review. It is in very good condition with only a small

dark stain to the blade near to where the handle is mounted. It has a brown leather

covered wood sheath. It is COMPLETELY unmarked. no numbers, stamps, or lettering.

Edited by gregM

I believe this to be an early army NCO sword. Because this is unmaked, is it

just one of the many mass produced factory swords? Any info you might be

able to give me would be great. Any idea of value.

Thanks for your help.

Greg

Hi Rob,

Nice sword. I believe it is an Army Officer's Shin-gunto. The NCO pattern was a mass produced copy of the officer's pattern with the aluminum handle. While I do not profess to be an expert, I have not heard of an NCO with this type of handle.

Blades for the shin-gunto can be hand-made or factory-made with and without a signed tangs.

You keep coming up with these! :jumping: Don't stop!

Thanks for showing it off.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

Hey Brian....Sounds like you are giving me credit for this sword....but it's not mine! It's Greg's...!! heh heh heh! I am happy to see that I wasn't off the mark about the Alum. handles on NCO examples. ;)

Greg man - nice sword!

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks VERY MUCH for your help :cheers:

I found it at a gun show a couple years ago. Paid $175

Hi Greg,

$175.00, now those were the days. Most of my collection was purchased back in the 1970s & 80s. I could never afford them at today's prices. :speechless1:

Cheers :cheers:

Brian