• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple of new additions.

Posted Images

Nice pieces!!. If I get some time later I will see if I can shoot some other pieces, if anyone wants to see something in particular let me know, as long as I have it I can shoot some new photos.

Best,

Kris

Edited by Klin
  • 1 month later...

Here's the base. It's toned to resemble iron.........sort of like the anodised SS scabbards.

I'm told this is a presentation version of the white kerzenhalter.

Can anyone confirm this?

As far as I can see, only the white one and the white variant with gilded highlights appeared in the Allach sales catalogue. The 'iron' one did not.

The unfinished white porcelain underneath the toning can be seen at the base of each foot.

Edited by Robin Lumsden

Robin,

The black appears I believe in the price list and was offered that way along with the white. The only presentation models of this style were the life or child candleholders and I believe I have seen at least one or 2 that were the same style and dedicated as well.

A nice catch just the same and one of the most attractive in my opinion.

Best,

Kris

Nice pieces!!. If I get some time later I will see if I can shoot some other pieces, if anyone wants to see something in particular let me know, as long as I have it I can shoot some new photos.

Best,

Kris

Kris , Please post a few shots of your "Fencer" ....I was amazed that made it from Europe without any damage

--Mike

Edited by Mike

I'm just back from Berlin where I found this in a little shop selling assorted antique porcelain........

Robin, very nice. I like the darker finish as well as the white--it's a bit more understated and subtle. Just curious--did the dealer know what it was?

I've never found any Allach pieces in an antique store, for example, but have picked up some very nice pieces of Rosenthal and Eschenbach by Prof. K?rner.

Erich

Robin,

The black appears I believe in the price list and was offered that way along with the white. The only presentation models of this style were the life or child candleholders and I believe I have seen at least one or 2 that were the same style and dedicated as well.

A nice catch just the same and one of the most attractive in my opinion.

Best,

Kris

Thanks Kris.

I thought the price list only had the white version and the white one with gold highlights?

Robin, very nice. I like the darker finish as well as the white--it's a bit more understated and subtle. Just curious--did the dealer know what it was?

I've never found any Allach pieces in an antique store, for example, but have picked up some very nice pieces of Rosenthal and Eschenbach by Prof. K?rner.

Erich

Yes - the dealer did know what it was, unfortunately. She had about a dozen other Allach items. All hidden away in the market at Friedrichstrasse Bhf on Georgenstrasse.

Thanks Kris.

I thought the price list only had the white version and the white one with gold highlights?

Robin,

I had to look as I forget sometimes, It is not in the catalog pricelist and the production figures list it in white and color, however color on the list is referred to in the same way as any color figure. #89 comes in close to the end of model choices of 100 in 1939, I suppose it may have been introduced after the catalog was produced and being a 2 year catalog no amendment made?. Useless information really. :)

I have 2 of them in white and always thought they were one of the nicest in design, but Diebitsch had a nice style in his works. When I first started with Allach I thought those were earthenware and when I had one in hand I was surprised to fid it was white porcelain that had been treated.

What other pieces did this woman have? I have not been to Germany yet and always wondered what it might be like to find these pieces in a shop.

Best,

Kris

P.S There were not a ton of these made.

Edited by Klin

What other pieces did this woman have? I have not been to Germany yet and always wondered what it might be like to find these pieces in a shop.

Best,

Kris

Kris.

From memory, she had:

Large seated Dachshund pup;

Fox terrier;

Munich Maid (Kaerner version);

3 x 'striped' vases;

Elephant (I think);

Horse;

2 x small candle sticks.

• 1 month later...

Kris.

From memory, she had:

Large seated Dachshund pup;

Fox terrier;

Munich Maid (Kaerner version);

3 x 'striped' vases;

Elephant (I think);

Horse;

2 x small candle sticks.

Couple of better pics of a couple of my pieces.

• 1 month later...