News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I have exactly the same ...

:rolleyes:

In my humble opinion these are _no_ real ribbon bars. Do you have a picture of the back? My best guess is an old ribbon from mid 19th century that some fool made ribbon bars from .... at least I hope it's an old ribbon.

- Baden, Hausorden der Treue or Ged?chtnismedaille 1849;

- W?rttemberg, Milit?rverdienstorden (here a really old one);

- Frankfurt, Kriegsdenkm?nze 1815;

- Isenburg-Birstein, Silberne Kriegsdenkm?ne 1814-1815.

I don't know how it should make sense, but I'm sure the bars are put togethers:

:violent: I found this one in my tiny picture database, which was offered by the guy who didn't want to sell me the box with ribbons.

Might someone who's very good in those old ribbons help me identifying the others? Seems to be the same guy's (ribbon, NOT bar) but four awards later ...

:banger:

Guest Rick Research

3rd one is Frankfurt's Honor Cross for Officers of the Line 1814-- award number 667, ribbon # 172 in the "Deutschland 1800-1945" catalogs.

I think the one after that is Austrian-- Order of Maria Theresa? (Compare blasphemous "ribbon bar" with ribbons loose in box.) The two (?) "Sudeten" looking ribbons would have been Russian St Vladimir & maybe some Russian medal on that ribbon?

This EXPLETIVE is destroying many hundreds-worth of National Currency Units ribbons--untouched, as found, 150 or more years old-- for worthless, CRAP mock-20th century ribbon bars. What an EXPLETIVE MORON. :banger:

Just wait until the EXPLETIVE CRETIN uses untouched, mint, original full size Napoleonic ribbon stock for CRAP fraudulent "1930s" medal bars. :angry: x100 million !!!

GOD CALL HIM HOME NOW.

Ebay's FLKeys911

Hello from the Conch Republic!

I am an ebayer down in the southernmost USA-- the Florida Keys! A buyer and a seller, I have a wide range of interests and deal in a variety of items on ebay. Please understand I have TEMPORARILY made my feedback private due to the holiday season and NOSY friends and family....I have no negative feedback and will go back to a public listing after the holidays!

I am employed as a Police, Fire, and Rescue Dispatcher for the Monroe County Sheriff's Office, that covers all of the Florida Keys excluding Key West. For those unfamiliar with the Keys, the island chain stretches from Key Largo to Key West, for a total of 106 miles. US 1 is the only road that spans the Keys...one road in, one road out. Key West is the Southernmost point in the USA...the island is 125 miles to Miami, but only 90 to Cuba. Originally from South Bend, Indiana, I moved to the Keys over 5 years ago. I never plan to leave...I highly recommend visiting if you haven't before.

Edited by landsknechte

Guest Rick Research

Buy it... and don't know and don't CARE. :banger:

Yeehaws to Bubba there, smart as a tack grinding out destroyed excrement worth 1/50 of what it would be left alone-- yup, turning every National Currency Unit in value into .02 NCU shreds. :angry: SMART BOY! :angry: Got any priceless Ming vases lying around to smash and sell for the splinters? :speechless: How 'bout Rembrandts or Picassos slashed into 1 inch squares so Everybody Can Have A Scrap? :banger:

What we have here is our winner of the Crimes Against Collecting "Darwin" Award for 2008. :violent:

Buy it... and don't know and don't CARE. :banger:

Hey guys, I bought it, too ... :(

But it was cheap and I think it wasn't the seller that did it, so please don't blame me ... :o

PS: I have some Napoleonic ribbons and won't make bars from it, I prmoise. :rolleyes:

Guest Rick Research

You bought the (retch) "ribbon bar"? PLEASE unsew it and flatten it out and toss away that :speechless: backing.

Poor, poor, mangled little piece.

150 years old and mutilated by a eCrap BABOON.

Hey guys, I bought it, too ... :(

But it was cheap and I think it wasn't the seller that did it, so please don't blame me ... :o

PS: I have some Napoleonic ribbons and won't make bars from it, I prmoise. :rolleyes:

Do you have the 1814/15 campaign ribbon at all? I need one.

Thanks

You bought the (retch) "ribbon bar"? PLEASE unsew it and flatten it out and toss away that :speechless: backing.
    Hmm, I think I'll do soon, okay ... but then it's just a little piece of damaged ribbon. By the way, I paid about US $10.- and not 50,- Euro. More it is not worth, after what happended to it. If I only got the box with ribbons, this had never happened ... :speechless:

Do you have the 1814/15 campaign ribbon at all? I need one.
    No sorry, just one on a matching medal ... and it's miiiiine ... ;)

Hmm, I think I'll do soon, okay ... but then it's just a little piece of damaged ribbon.

Actually, these abused things will be of interest to ribbon collectors. While the damage has been done, there will still be something of interest and of value. Though please keep them away from e$cam.

• 4 weeks later...

I did it, I destroyed this "great bar" and now have a lose but damaged ribbon ... oooh :banger::(

I'm not sure where those ribbons came from, but I found this picture in my database, with almost the same but three instead of four ribbons. It came with a part of Baden house order's ribbon - the wide one for the grand cross, not the 1849 medal ribbon! May they be from the same guy, so a Baden grand cross on my former ribbon "bar"? As the other awards are Befreiungskriege era I actually wondered about the 1849 medal, but the House order would make more sense. The ribbons on this picture were offered by an eBay seller in Germany who claimed the stuff to be from a Hessian castle's attic - I don't doubt this, with this ribbons! He wasn't allowed to tell me the family's name, and unfortunally, I missed this auction ... :violent:

but won some others. :P

These is the rest that I got: W?rttemberg Crown order grand cross sash piece, a Godet button but I don't know what for, a Hessian 1866 "ribbon bar" without bar and some more old ribbons, e.g. for a Frankfurt Kreuz 1813. Last year, I bought the same 1866 bar from Mr. Winkler, now with a nice old brass bar, not to be compared with the eCrap this thread started with - will show it later.

:unsure:

Hey, no comments or ideas on these? I'm not too much into this old stuff, so I need your help, pleeeeeease ...

Here is the real Hessian ribbon bar from about 1866 to 1870 era I bought in 2007 from Mr. Winkler. What are the awards? I came to:

- Hessen, Felddienstzeichen;

- Hessen, Ludewigsorden, Ritterkreuz;

- Hessen, Philippsorden, Ritterkreuz;

- ?sterreich, war ribbon, but what for?

- ?sterreich, Orden der Eisernen Krone III. Klasse.

Is this a possible combination? I wonder the Felddienstzeichen outranks the orders, but if the medal was handled as a 'war award' and the orders were peace time, they would outrank if one wears a very strikt "war awards first" bar. The same with the two Austrian ribbons: the OEK should outrank anything on the war ribbon that cames me to mind, thoug outranks the OEK3 ...

PS: Rick, if you need anything for your article, feel free to use it. I think this is a rather interresting and incommon bar. :P

And one more question and problem: I'm still am not sure what awards this Godet-button might be for. It's green with red, and came with the "bar", the W?rttemberg grand cross ribbon rest, the Frankfurt 1813 ribbon, the Baden house order ribbon (which I didn't get) - so it may be anything. :speechless:

What grade might such a rosette be used for in Germany?

Here are some questions, but no feedback? :(

I've got no idea what the button is for, if I'm right about what is on the 1866 ribbon bar (and "bar") and if those old ribbons may belong together, making it rather an Baden house order than a 1849 medal ...

Hi Saschaw,

The predominately red with the minor green color combination, along with the shade of the colors, suggest to me that this boutonniere is related to the Anhalt Order of Albert the Bear. While these devices do not seem to have been widespread with regard to Imperial German orders and decorations, they are not unheard of.

Best wishes,

Wild Card