News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Abd al-Karim Qasim Iraqi Decoration Tray

Guest IMHF

Abd al-Karim Qasim Iraqi Decoration Tray

These are Decoration Trays with the image of Abd al-Karim Qasim in his uniform if you have any information on these trays please post here on the GMIC.

Thank you for viewing

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

No, Iraq was nominally independent from 1931. Why would you think they would get foreign awards?

Because Ed, odd things happened: like (nominally independent) Egyptian officers receiving the above medals as well as Jordanians too.

Because Ed, odd things happened: like (nominally independent) Egyptian officers receiving the above medals as well as Jordanians too.

I have never seen an Egyptian or legitimate Jordanian (non-Arab-Legion) WWII group with British medals. That is, groups to Egyptians and Jordanians, not to insinuated Europeans. If you have these, I'd love to see them.

WWI was, of course, another issue.

Well-ok the Jordanian group I lost on eBay was Arab legion, but the chap was Arab and he stayed in the army until @ 1979! His last medal was the 1977 Hussien jubilee medal. It went for a lot of cash and I wish i'd 'borrowed' the pics now.

I am reaching in memory on the Egyptian group, but I am certain I saw the lot with the 39/45 star and the war medal. I assumed it was for garrison duties.

Edited by Ulsterman

These trays was made for the order of big Iraqi trader in that time , I do not know his name . In that time the ability of any Iraqi antique dealer to put suitable designs & orders but upon the agreement of the gov because the existed photos of Iraqi Leaders should be beautifull unless might be refused, is possible.

Thanks.

These trays was made for the order of big Iraqi trader in that time , I do not know his name . In that time the ability of any Iraqi antique dealer to put suitable designs & orders but upon the agreement of the gov because the existed photos of Iraqi Leaders should be beautifull unless might be refused, is possible.

Thanks.

Thank you for the information:

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo, I don't know much about the tray but I do have this exact style of uniform in my personal collection. it is quite similar to the British battle dress or an Ike jacket. Scott.

Can you please take a picture of it and post it here on this thread.......

Thank you for viewing

SSG Luna, Lorenzo