News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Serbia - Identification of badge

gor

I would very much appreciate for any information regarding this badge. May be anyone know what this badge really is, what is the criteria for award and what the inscription says? Thanks.

Guest Rick Research

On the top it says (must be something about the Serbian Orthodox Church hierarchy) Synod

Around the bottom "For Military Chaplains"

I would very much appreciate for any information regarding this badge. May be anyone know what this badge really is, what is the criteria for award and what the inscription says? Thanks.

It certainly relates to the First Balkan War, could it perchance be a Chaplain's badge, presumably they had a few on the battlefield, however I have never seen one before so extremely interesting.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

No problem, welcome :)

This is a very, very rare badge, usualy described as "Faberge Made". The inscription reads ASSEMBLY OF BISHOPS (arhijerejski sabor) - ZA RATNO PASTIRSTVO (for war-time spiritual guidance). The only one I had seen so far was silver-gilt.

The years refer to the First and Second Balkan Wars.

Dragomir

This is a very, very rare badge, usualy described as "Faberge Made". The inscription reads ASSEMBLY OF BISHOPS (arhijerejski sabor) - ZA RATNO PASTIRSTVO (for war-time spiritual guidance). The only one I had seen so far was silver-gilt.

The years refer to the First and Second Balkan Wars.

Dragomir

Thank you for information,Dragomir :cheers: . What do think is it for Serbian Military Chaplains or for Russian volonteers (Chaplains)?

Thank you for information,Dragomir :cheers: . What do think is it for Serbian Military Chaplains or for Russian volonteers (Chaplains)?

It is definitively Serbian. No Russian military chaplains are known to be involved in Balkan Wars.

Dragomir