News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Epaulet ID help part two...

Mike

The only Bavarian (presuming the colored thread around the tresse is blue) unit which utilized this style banjo is the Infanterie-Leib-Regt...but with the gilt crown insignia on it. Does it look like anything else had ever been on the silver field above the two rank pips?

Dave

Guest Rick Research

I wonder if, like your Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Inspector, this MIGHT be something from Hannover, too?

I definately think these are military and the silver top finish on this type of banjo is used on many units (all Saxon infantry, jager, field artillery, foot artillery and pioneer; all Meckelenburg formations; Prussian 1. Garde-Regt. zu Fuss and Garde du Corps; Baden Leib-Gren. Regt Nr. 109; Hessen Leibgarde-Inf. Regt. 115; Oldenburg Dragon-Regt. Nr. 19 and Bavarian Infantrie-Leib Rgt.). Unfortunately, none of these units have no cyphers and a red backing. The Prussian 1. Garde-Regt zu Fuss and Garde du Corps have no cyphers, but the backing is in white and the color thread on the tresse would be in black. Sorry I can't help you more

Dave