News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Officers with Order Pour le Merite

Eagles with crowns and you will not find him in the PLM knights history of Hanns M?ller (1935)

Best regards, Komtur.

Komtur. Richtig! Von Luckner wasn't awarded the PlM. He did have the Johannitteradler he's wearing in that photo. I wondered how long it would be before someone commented on that.

Btw, if that Orden mit Etui is yours....very nice.

Les

• 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...

A new addition to my collection, I believe it says 'von Klufer' but I cannot verify this or, indeed find much infomation regarding this Officer.

Hi H,

that is char. Oberst Kurt v. Kl?fer, born 1 Oct 1869 in M?nster, died 19 Oct 1941 in M?nster.

Awarded the OPLM on 21 April 1918 as regimental commander of Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 452 for his leadership in the March 1918 offensive.

Retired as a Polizei Oberst in 1926 and was awarded a "Tannenberg" promotion to char. Oberst (army) on 27 Aug 1939.

Regards

Glenn

• 2 weeks later...

Karl Rothenburg (born at F?rstenwalde on the 8th of June 1894 - ? June 1941).

30.06.1918 Pour le m?rite (as Leutnant d. R. and Kompanief?hrer im 5. Garde-Regiment zu Fu?.

Best regards, :cheers:

Jens

• 2 weeks later...