News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Officers with Order Pour le Merite

Now a rare photo of Liman von Sanders.

Wild Card. Pfor the photos on post 124, the photo of Mulzer may be taken before he received the MJ3. Don't forget he received it in September, the 6th 1916. This is not THE explanation but only one.For me, the Bavarians were very proud to wear their high order like Max Joseph so if he received it, I think, he probably wore it.

Regards

Christophe

Now a rare photo of Liman von Sanders.

Wild Card. Pfor the photos on post 124, the photo of Mulzer may be taken before he received the MJ3. Don't forget he received it in September, the 6th 1916. This is not THE explanation but only one.For me, the Bavarians were very proud to wear their high order like Max Joseph so if he received it, I think, he probably wore it.

Regards

Christophe

Yes Christophe, you are correct. He was awarded the PlM on July 8th, so there is a two month ?window? between the two. Of course the MJO was back dated to coincide with the PlM award; but that would not have changed anything with regard to the picture. I think that I have become a little paranoid about superimposed PlM?s. :blush:

Best wishes,

Wild Card

• 1 year later...
    • 1 month later...

what did he do to get it awarded?!!

He was one of a total of eight flying observers to be given this award. One set of rolls indicates his award was approved but not awarded before his death. Obviously he didn't wear it in life, and any photos of him wearing it were redone after his death.

Les

Edited by Les

Major Graf Siegfried von Wicken-Eulenburg, last commander of the 1st Garde Rgt. z. Fuss. PlM (1917) and Oaks (1918) during his postwar Freikorps days....

Les