News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Albanian Military Political Officers

Good Day Group. Can anyone shed some light on Albanian Political Officers uniform and insignia regalia? Did they have specific regalia or attend at a Political Academy? Any information on this subject most appreciated. Drew - Sydney, Australia

i was only 14 when communism fell so I have to recall my memory. in the military they had a system where each unit had a c/o and a commisar. the role of the commisar or commissioner was to protect the party and take care of party propoganda. many times they had more atributes and power than the commanding officer of the unit. in the military they were the political leaders and they had to be communist (labour party members who studied at the marxism leninsm school for 6 months??? not sure). as far as their uniforms after ranks were removed all officers carried the same uniforms without any special insignia. every body knew them because they had to be careful around them. A single word not in the right place could mean two years or more in prison.

the same system was applied in all state owned factories and economy. they all had communists who maybe were simple workers who had more power than factory directors.

hope this makes sense.