News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Charles,

Here is the whole story (if you can read German or have a good translating program). :rolleyes:http://sh-home.de/s.j.schaefer/truebplatz/finnen.html

Chip, I've tried reading it a bit but a lot of it makes no sence to me. I converted it to English and much didn't make translation whereby a simpleton like me can understand.

NICE CAP BADGE BTW.

I've been searching for a 27 Jaeger breast badge for a few years now. I've collected Finnish militaria for many years. If anyone would post images I'l like to see photos of the Finnish troops in Jaeger Btn 27.

Charles,

Here is the whole story (if you can read German or have a good translating program). :rolleyes:http://sh-home.de/s.j.schaefer/truebplatz/finnen.html

Chip, I've tried reading it a bit but a lot of it makes no sence to me. I converted it to English and much didn't make translation whereby a simpleton like me can understand.

NICE CAP BADGE BTW.

I've been searching for a 27 Jaeger breast badge for a few years now. I've collected Finnish militaria for many years. If anyone would post images I'l like to see photos of the Finnish troops in Jaeger Btn 27.

NICE CAP BADGE BTW.

I've been searching for a 27 Jaeger breast badge for a few years now. I've collected Finnish militaria for many years. If anyone would post images I'd like to see photos of the Finnish troops in Jaeger Btn 27.

Was this man the commander of the JB27? It's a nice photo... I think I found it on a site discussing Finland during WW1.

Indeed it was.... Max bayer, founder of the german boy scout movement as well.

I have his EK2 document.

will dig out the info Ihave on him when I get back to germany.

Well that's a nice document to own.

Hi, guys;

For a guy who has posted a fair bit here and there, I probably am a nit-wit as to forum decorum. There is a guy who posts, I think, on another forum, whose grand-father was in this unit. He probably was an officer, as he later rose to be a senior Finnish officer.

There are a couple of quite respectable senior pals plugged in here, who could give me some advice. Is it appropriate for me to "rat" on this guy? (I sort of feel that I would be intruding on him.)

Bob Lembke

Hi, guys;

For a guy who has posted a fair bit here and there, I probably am a nit-wit as to forum decorum. There is a guy who posts, I think, on another forum, whose grand-father was in this unit. He probably was an officer, as he later rose to be a senior Finnish officer.

There are a couple of quite respectable senior pals plugged in here, who could give me some advice. Is it appropriate for me to "rat" on this guy? (I sort of feel that I would be intruding on him.)

Bob Lembke

I'd be happy to meet him. If he has interest in discussing his family history we'd all enjoy it very much.

Charles;

The fellow does not live in the US. Why don't you give me a few lines sketching your particular interest in J=B Nr. 27. and I will reach him privately. I sense that he does have an interest in facilitating the memory of the unit.

Bob Lembke

roger that...

Indeed it was.... Max bayer, founder of the german boy scout movement as well.

I have his EK2 document.

will dig out the info Ihave on him when I get back to germany.

Chris, did you find the EKII document?

• 1 year later...

NICE CAP BADGE BTW.

Hi, This is one picture of J'eger officers of 27. (saks.) in brackets means German all others are Finns.

Guest Rick Research

:beer:

#13 was Rainer Stahel (1892- died in Soviet captivity 1955), Luftwaffe Generalleutnant 22.07.44 and recipient of Knight's Cross with Oakleaves & Swords .

Went from Sturm Baon Rohr May 1917 to JB 27 July 1917, serving as its Commander for several weeks February-March 1918 before taking command of Finnish J?ger Rgt 2 and then Finnish J?ger Brigade 3. After his discharge from the German army he rejoined Finnish service in the border guards, serving at ?bo/Turku 1920-25. He was an officer in the Finnish reserves until 1934!

Hello readers:

Another name which struck a bell is Heinrichs. I believe him to be the later Chief of Stff of the Finnish Army during the 1941-1944 war against the Soviet Union and highly decorated by both his country and Germany.

Perhaps someone ca confirm this.

Bernhard H. Holst

Hello readers:

Another name which struck a bell is Heinrichs. I believe him to be the later Chief of Stff of the Finnish Army during the 1941-1944 war against the Soviet Union and highly decorated by both his country and Germany.

Perhaps someone ca confirm this.

Bernhard H. Holst

Hi Bernhard, You are right. Look at the picture couple postings ago. Heinrichs is no. 19.

Sincerely,

Petteri

NICE CAP BADGE BTW.

Finnish Jaegers on Eastern Front.This picture wass taken in Latvia, Near Riga. I assume 1916-1917.

Regards,

peter

Edited by Petteri