News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Solomon?s hospital for patients from Lippe-Detmold

Dr. Solomon starts with his healing hands (and a few wodden toothpicks) and here is the result:

It?s a

Lippe-Detmold House Order 2nd class (neck-cross) 2nd model with chiffre L for Leopold

It was awarded between 1911-1918 about 173 times.

Some data about this order:

Size:

57 x 63 mm

ribbon-ring:

22,45 x 10,45 mm

weight:

46,4 gramm

ribbon:

silk, 60 mm with 5mm golden stripes

(and 60 cm long!!!! Yipppiieeeh! :jumping: )

This order was made by Jean Godet, Berlin. It?s silver gilded and the revers-enamel (red) has round lines (which is typicall for Godet)..

Godet produced between 1911-1918, the late ones...

Avers:

Edited by Solomon

Guest Rick Research

God, that's a beauty! Do you suppose the centers once fell out and somebody fixed them with hot wax? That's about what holds most of this sort of award together anyway-- some kind of "gunk" in the centers.

By the way, your award numbers are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off.

I shall PM you.

Be sitting down, and not drinking or eating anything when you read it. I have got to say, folks, when the Lippe Rolls are published later this year.... :catjava::rolleyes:

God, that's a beauty! Do you suppose the centers once fell out and somebody fixed them with hot wax? That's about what holds most of this sort of award together anyway-- some kind of "gunk" in the centers.

No, definitly an accident.

The centers (and the upper ringholder!!!! -never seen before!) are fixed with thin silver-nails, not with wax.

Holly ######...this number of awards I didn?t expect... :speechless1::jumping:

I just copied Reiner Schwark?s number of award from his book, I just forgot to check the award-list on my last visit in Detmold.

Thank you very much for open my eyes...

Best regards

Roman

What a beautiful addition to a growing collection of very rare items!

Is this cross the one from the other side of the pond that you told us about?

David, even with the red wax it looked fantastic when held in the hand ;)