News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Polish documented group to Stanislaw S. Stefana

Hi All!

This is the newest addition to my collection, an Order of the Red Banner of Labor and Merit Cross 2nd class to Stanislaw S. Stefana. Sorry the scan of the medals isn't so great, but I didn't have my digital camera around. They look much nicer in person. Any opinions or other information are appreciated! Thanks!

Alex

Isn't his name Stanislaw "son of Stefan" SOBCZYK?

You're probably right. I'm no good with Polish (one of the most confusing languages around in my opinion). I would have had some of my family members who can speak polish translate, but they're not around unfortunately. Thanks for your help!

Alex

• 11 years later...

His name is Stanislaw Sobczyk (son of) Stefan as implied above.

You got the Standard of Labour, 2nd Class (left) and Cross of Merit, silver (Krzyz Zaslugi, right).

If you look at the documents, right side top, you'll see some text. The word of most importance here is the last: górnictwie, which means "mining". So Mr. Sobczyk worked in the mining industry and received these medals for long, impeccable service.

The Order of the Standard of Labour, 2nd Class was awarded for 20 years (dwudziestoletnia).

The Cross of Merit, silver, was awarded for 10 years (dziesiecioletnia).

He would also have received Cross of Merit, bronze, for 7 years and Cross of Merit gold for 15 years.

Best regards Aahauge