News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Austrian weapons and a unit

bob lembke

Hi;

I don't see a proper spot for Austro-Hungarian weapons, units, etc., just medals. Hoping to catch the eye of Glenn J.

I have just read Otto Gallian's Monte Asolone 1918, and I have a few questions. He is a Leutnant in a storm battalion, in December 1917.

He mentions MG companies, and also Maschinenpistolen and Handmaschinengewehr platoons. Obviously lighter MGs. I would have a clue to the specific weapon in the German context, but not in the Austrian formations. What weapons were these? He also mentions that they got a Sprengzug. Should I assume a demolition platoon? Dynamite, geballtne Ladung? A Pionier Abteilung?

He also mentions their Technischen Kompagnie. It is either in the context of the storm battalion or the infantry regiment. Special weapons? Telephonists, and similar technical types?

Thanks in advance.

Bob Lembke