News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Manchester Regiment

• 3 months later...

In 1899 the 1st battalion left gibraltar, which they had been stationed for the last two years for service in South Africa, they were withdrawn in 1901 (to Ireland IIRC), the 2nd battalion arrived in South Africa in 1900 and were withdrawn to England in 1902

cheers

chris

• 1 month later...
    Guest Eric Lowe

does anyone have any info on the manchester regiment, notably around 1902.

trying to put together some info to go with my jacket.

( http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1553 )

cheers!

sam.

Hi Mossy

Do you wish to know about the Manchester Regiment or just info on your superb jacket.

The Manchester Regiment was amalglamated with the Kings Liverpool Regiment in1958

and was renamed The 1st Battalion The Kings Regiment. I served with this regiment for 25 years.

The club has my email address if you would like me to find out about the jacket please email me the photo

and i will go to the regimentil museum,and i will need your email as the answer will be a long one.

Eric

In 1899 the 1st battalion left gibraltar, which they had been stationed for the last two years for service in South Africa, they were withdrawn in 1901 (to Ireland IIRC),

I'll correct my own post here :lol:

they left south africa in 1902 for singapore D'oh!