News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I've finally found ...

... the Officer's bronze cap badge for a Life Guards Officer's Service Dress cap in my collection.

I found this cap some years ago in the stock of a costume company, without the badge and the chinstrap. I acquired it because of the regimental buttons and the unusual leather binding to the peak. The former I identified as Life Guards and the latter I discovered is typical of the Household Cavalry officer's caps. The buttons have the King's Crown, which dates it between the 1930s and the early 1950s.

The cap was made by Herbert Johnson of London.

Unfortunately the cap is not named. There are just some numbers written with a pen inside the sweatband, which I assume is an order reference.

WW2 bronze cap badges for the Household Cavalry are not common. I don't know how many officers were commissioned in the LG around WW2, but I guess just a few dozens, so I was quite happy when I found one such badge in Militaria shop in Paris.

Here's the completed cap (at last) :

lgsdca10.jpg

Edited by The Saint