News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Which figure would you like best?

lazyschnauzer

I'd like to conduct a poll. I'm posting four photos which might be used as photo references for a 1/16th scale Great War figure. Please tell me which one you'd find the most attractive, assuming the pose and the theme or story are both well done and the prices are all equal.

French Fusilier Marin - in 1914 blue uniform lightweight, no top coat, all field gear and Lebel rifle, leaning on haystacks smoking a pipe

German Landsturm - In this case, I'd just use the pose in the photo. I propose to do the figure in 1914 dark blue uniform with grey or black trousers, black oil cloth covered cap, all field gear and Mauser 88/s rifle, sitting on stonework and eating happily. The photo is of a re-enactor and was sent to me by Roger Newsome.

British Tommy scribbling a note home with a friend - 1915 uniform, dug-out entrance with hanging socks, all the rubbish, 1914 field gear and SMLE

British Tommy knitting a sock and smoking in mud, muck and water - actually in the photo it's hard to tell precisely what he is doing, but I'd go with re-knitting a sock. 1914 field gear and SMLE This photo comes from some 1930s era British movie.

None of these would be exact copies. The graphic would only be a reference.

Unfortunately I can't see how you insert the poll into the text or whatever. If the administrator would insert the poll or PM me and tell me how to do it, I'd appreciate it. Until that's sorted out, those of you who'd like to vote, just add a reply.

All the best,

Dan

Edited by lazyschnauzer

David - I'm sure that's not true! Anyway you must never put yourself down in public.

That's rudely taking away the fun from others!!!? :speechless1:

Seriously mate - thanks for your comment and I'm positive you'd do a grand job on the model. ;)

All the best,

Dan

Edited by lazyschnauzer

British Tommy scribbling a note home with a friend - 1915 uniform, dug-out entrance with hanging socks, all the rubbish, 1914 field gear and SMLE

I would love to see that one come to life in a model:

Thank you for sharing...

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Guest Rick Research

It's not you-- I don't believe the poll function has ever been activated except one day by mistake in doing some sort of other technical transition, and has never worked since.

Definitely man with dog. :beer: