News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fashion Wars: Russian Army unveils new sexy uniform

"They spend about $4 million on new designs and Putin wasn't pleased at all."

I dont know - whats not to like?

The female uniforms look like they are out of a 60's James Bond movie :rolleyes: Some things are best left in the past...

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo Mr. Zulus :D

There is already a Thread with regards this in the Lounge area:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=25206

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=25206&st=20

And the "Post 21" contains a link to the same pictures you posted.

Kevin in Deva. :D

Dear Kevin,

sorry .... it's my fault :blush: .

I read the mentioned thread at the Lounge area, couldn't remember the pics at the URLs and posted them again at the GMIC-section, which usually deals with uniforms etc.

At least these (very) nice pictures can now be directly seen in a GMIC-thread :D .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

goodness, I?m not sure what is more attractive, the uniform or the wearer :rolleyes:

As Mae West said, Daniel, "Goodness has nothing to do with it . . . . ."

:rolleyes:

(And, everything else aside, the uniforms are still, for my money, nasty and silly and disrespectful of the post-Tsarist history.)

Edited by Ed_Haynes

(And, everything else aside, the uniforms are still, for my money, nasty and silly and disrespectful of the post-Tsarist history.)

Dear Ed,

you are right: The uniforms are a disgrace to Soviet history and Putin didn't really look amused ;) .

At least the uniforms for the female soldiers (except the strange caps & hats :speechless1: ) are not as worse, as the silly dresses for the male soldiers.

Christian

please could you explain your point of view?

Dear Sebastien,

I guess, that this - rather strange looking :speechless1: - fashion designer has a better hand (maybe much more experience) with female designs, than with male designs.

The uniforms & coats for the female section have indeed a rather cute design: classic & stylish :D .

But I actually prefer female soldiers in Red Army uniforms of 1944/45 (with skirt!) :love: - snipers, field medics etc.

Christian

Edited by Christian Zulus

But I actually prefer female soldiers in Red Army uniforms of 1944/45 (with skirt!) :love: - snipers, field medics etc.

Bet the troops were waiting in line to get wounded to get an upward peek at her goodies!

Skirt on the battlefield is to say the least, highly impractical.... and highly unsafe!

One other thing from my experiece - most of the female troops I have come across did not have that sort of figure! Trust me - the uniform will look so much more different on those ladies not blessed with the coveted hourglass shape!

Jim :cheers:

Skirt on the battlefield is to say the least, highly impractical.... and highly unsafe!

Dear Jim,

no doubt about that fact :cheers: .

But on the other hand, the Scottish Highlanders (and I guess a few other nations) wore skirts in the battles of WW II :rolleyes: .

Royal Regiment of Scotland (SCOTS):

I think, that female soldiers in the Red Army of the GPW had skirts only during the hot summer season and in functions as medics, doctors, communications etc. I never saw a female sniper, tank driver or pilot with a skirt ;) .

In the Austrian Armed Forces female soldiers are rarely wearing skirts - on duty in the field they are wearing trousers:

Christian