News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

naval award-medal?

Chris Boonzaier

Hi,

sorry, no pics... but maybe someone has an idea.....

It is a badge on a long pin, so i am thinking civilian dress.... the little hanger has what looks like 2 crossed picks with an anchor.... so i am thinking naval construction.... the medallion has on the front what i assume to be a young japanese empror with wide pointy moustache and full chest of awards with japanese writing around him, the back has an anchor with a compassrose behind it. i think it is pre war as the striking is in the same quality of a very deatiled silver coin (very fine die indeed).

my guess is it is for civilians working in naval construction?

sorry, photos on sunday...

strangely enough, I always think of these civilian things as things that landed in a drawer and were never worn, the case has a fitted velvet interior, and you can see that the award was taken out many (hundreds?) of tins as all the nap is worn off on the part where the medal is.