News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Montenegro - Danilo Order crowned monogram

Hello, I?m Miguel Agreda From Spain, a newcomer in this forum.

I?m interested in balkan orders and medals. I have just bought a danilo order, and the cyrilic monogram "DI", is uncrowned. Somebody can explain me why or if this a know variant???

Edited by hipnos

Hello Miguel

maybe you have seen already other items also without crown on my own website and on our Yahoo Group (by the way your email is not working on yahoo)

This is a variant and has no special significance. Almost all items that I have seen without crown are Franch production. You item is most probably Lemaitre. Lemaitre's items are ALL without crown. There are also few Russian made orders which also have no crown.

IMHO are Lemaitres pieces the most beautifully made Danilos.

Best regards and hope to see you back to the group :off topic:

Milan

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_02_2008/post-4281-1202902594.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_02_2008/post-4281-1202902594.jpg

I?m interested in balkan orders and medals. I have just bought a danilo order, and the cyrilic monogram "DI", is uncrowned. Somebody can explain me why or if this a know variant???

Hello Miguel

maybe you have seen already other items also without crown on my own website and on our Yahoo Group (by the way your email is not working on yahoo)

This is a variant and has no special significance. Almost all items that I have seen without crown are Franch production. You item is most probably Lemaitre. Lemaitre's items are ALL without crown. There are also few Russian made orders which also have no crown.

IMHO are Lemaitres pieces the most beautifully made Danilos.

Best regards and hope to see you back to the group :off topic:

Milan

Thanks Milan, I?d long time want to own a danilo order. I?ve got a danilo merit cross (Very beautiful, probably austrian of manufacture), but this one has been ever difficult and expensive. I?d bough this one to radman...last Chistmas (my Xmas give)

:beer:

It usually helps to know what the order is and where its coming from ;) before watching the big guns get caught up in variations and manufacture :rolleyes: Like that I can also slightly tweak the title to reflect region and order.

Jim :cheers:

• 12 years later...
    On 13/02/2008 at 22:17, hipnos said:

post-4281-1202902594.jpgpost-4281-1202902594.jpg

post-4281-1202902618.jpg

post-4281-1202902594.jpg

post-4281-1202902618.jpg

THE PRODUCER OF THIS DANILO ORDER IV CLASS IS "CHOBILLON". VERY SIMILAR TO "LEMAITRE" IV class.....