News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Take it to a profesional horologist, if its the barrel spring this should not be a problem.

The silvered dial can be restored by simply applying more silver solution. It will only take to the exposeed brass areas the results are really good. Again only a professional can do it properly. Also there is a simple form of maintaining power fitted. This keeps force on the drive when winding as all clocks actually loose time when wound watch the hands when you wind a clock.

Hi Ranger,

I've just opened up the small bakelite clock and have discovered what the problem is. The spring is OK but this metal plate has shattered from metal fatigue and he was unable to replace it.

Any suggestions anyone?

Stan

Hi Ranger,

I've just opened up the small bakelite clock and have discovered what the problem is. The spring is OK but this metal plate has shattered from metal fatigue and he was unable to replace it.

Any suggestions anyone?

Stan

Looks like a die cast material. You may have to make up a new piece or try gluing together with weldbond the metal pieces?

• 1 month later...

Very nice, what are the enamel plaques from?

Nice traed with beutiful shippclocks.

I have one myself (www.kriegsmarine.biz) and I can

agree the prices moves quickly up.

One question is about the clocknumbers. My

have for example 13359 N (N for nordsee)

But is there somewhere an owerview where all this

number where placed?

It would be nice to know where the clocks han been working

Svante

• 4 months later...

Hi!

Yes indeed! 12408 N is the result of a complete restoration! The dial was resilvered and repainted by a professional! I also have a big picture archive only of these clocks. If you can contribute more Kieninger & Obergfell clocks please do so. Thank you in advance!

Cheers, Florian

• 1 month later...
    • 4 weeks later...

I found a nice picture of a very rare Friedo Frier Wilhelmshaven Kriegsmarine clock! Have a look at the two eagles on the dial!

702010_1_lg.jpg

Best, Florian

PS to Mr. Prien: Don't forget about my clock... ;)

Hello!

I think this clock is rare.Thanks for sharing. :cheers:

All the best

Nesredep

• 4 weeks later...

What a great pleasure to find more enthusiasts for these very special clocks.

Just bought my second one only yesterday, which was found in the Ukraine. This particular clock has the N/G stamp. (my other clock has the N number and is supposed to have been salvaged from operation 'deadlight').

Hope you enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Gentlemen,

I have been offered the opportunity to purchase an Imperial Navy clock which has been re stamped with KM eagle, these must be scarce pieces i think, would you agree?

I do not have pictures at the moment but will post them as soon as i can.

Regards.

Colin.

• 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hallo Gents,

Is it at all possible to research the history of a specific clock by the serial number on the face ? I'm doubtful if such records would exist for particular numbers, but perhaps by groups ?

Also could anyone tell me what to look for when purchasing one? I am always looking and would like to have a better understanding of these before I have the good luck to find one. Any comments on fakes as well would be appreciated.

Many Thanks - Jesse