News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

crimea medal roll lookup please

hi guys i have this crimea medal awarded to W. Hood, Scots Fusilier Gds. with Alma, Balaklava and Inkermann Clasps. if anyones got the roll can they please check it to confirm medal and clasp entitlement any info greatly appreciated

Hi, I have checked the rolls for the Scots Fus. Guards, your guy is not mentioned, the rolls are difficult to read though :banger: there is a guy named William Hoad on the roll, entitled to the clasps you mention, he was killed at Inkerman! this might well be your man, hope this helps.

Best regards

Geoff

Yes, thats correct, probably the ultimate battle in the Crimea, shame that its rarely mentioned, ask any guy on the street to name a battle from the Crimea and the answer will nearly always be the same, 'Balaclava' a fiasco of poor communication and mismanagement ;) and yet, through all this, it showed the Victorian soldiers steel and unquestioning acceptance of authority!!! oh yes, and, Queen and Country.

Geoff.