News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

mp 40

pikestaff

Hi Pikestaff,

While I am not sure what you mean by spring rate, the spring arrangement was contained within a blued telescoping tube made up of three sections of stamped and rolled sheet steel.

The firing pin was retained by a cross pin in a machined block at the bolt end of the largest section. The smallest section at the rear of the gun ended in a formed metal cup that pressed against the upright part of the lower receiver/trigger group assembly.

David

Hi Pikestaff,

While I am not sure what you mean by spring rate, the spring arrangement was contained within a blued telescoping tube made up of three sections of stamped and rolled sheet steel.

The firing pin was retained by a cross pin in a machined block at the bolt end of the largest section. The smallest section at the rear of the gun ended in a formed metal cup that pressed against the upright part of the lower receiver/trigger group assembly.

David

Hello David, the spring rate means what poundage it would need to compress the spring fully. [i think!]

I will have to ask my son, his PC has died, so I'm having to do his research.

I'll get back to you.

many thanks

Hello David, the spring rate means what poundage it would need to compress the spring fully. [i think!]

I will have to ask my son, his PC has died, so I'm having to do his research.

I'll get back to you.

many thanks

Hello again, spring rate, what force would be needed to fully compress the spring over a given length, measured

in foot pounds, or these days, 'joules' [i hope thats the right spelling]

rgds

Pikestaff.

Hello again, spring rate, what force would be needed to fully compress the spring over a given length, measured

in foot pounds, or these days, 'joules' [i hope thats the right spelling]

rgds

Pikestaff.

Hi Pikestaff,

I know a guy who will able to provide a metric figure for this, but he doesn't frequent the Internet is generally not easy to contact. I'll ask him when I see him next.

David