News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Jordan: Order of al-Hussain ibn Ali

Megan

• 1 month later...
    • 3 months later...

Instituted: 23 September 1967 by King Hussein.

Awarded: To members of the royal family, foreign sovereigns and heads of state, and others of similar rank in a single class.

Collar:

This is Very Beautiful: :love::rolleyes:

Who owns this awesome piece???

Lorenzo

Here is a photo framed of the royal family of Jordan, he is wearing both of the Orders you posted here.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Wonderful photograph Iraqi Miliaria,

I am particularly interested in the order that the Queen is wearing as a broach on the sash at her right shoulder. Can you perhaps be so very kind as to post a close-up of this decoration?

It looks very much like the collar badge of one of the Jordanian orders.

Cheers,

James

Lorenzo, the insignia I posted belongs to HM Queen Elizabeth of the UK. I was sent the pictures by the master goldsmith who crafted them. He sent me a few others of orders he's made (mostly Malaysian, so they belong in other threads) but says he regrets not having started taking pictures earlier, as he made a lot of things then handed them to whoever ordered them and has no record.

Is this a diamond booch badge possibly similar to the Order of Glory badge issued to Glubb?

Owain

I am not sure if it is the same but it looks identical to a badge worn from a collar by King Hussein. The gold collar has large links that look very much like the links in an ordinary industrial chain. These are separated by crowns alternating with devices which are all different and include a) circular disk with an enamelled eagle in white, b) a red enamelled circular disk with what looks like an exploding artillery shell, c) a red enamelled circular disk with what looks like a naval badge with white enamelled anchor, d) a laurel wreath, e) another laurel wreath but different from d, f) a red enamelled circular disk with a device resembling a cannon ball, g) a red enamelled circular disk with a sort of staff or baton, & etc.

In the same picture the King wears on his right breast an octagonal gold and enamelled badge. This has a similar crossed swords and eagle device surrounded with a wreath, as in the badge hung from the collar described above and worn by the Queen in the picture posted above.

I have a large scanned colour picture but it is far too big to post.

Cheers,

James