News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My new pet

Snoopy

Hello

I know that this forum is not normally for factory finished models, but I just had to show you my latest purchase. It is a 1:16 scale, remotely controlled Panzer III. It is a big boys toy, and I am just a big boy, so when I spotted this beast in the model shop, I just knew that I had to have it. :jumping: The tank commander has good detail, but I am going to repaint the figure, in more correct colours. The tank itself needs some weathering. I had just got the tank out of the box, when I took the pictures, so the markings have not been applied yet. The light from my camera, makes the colour of the tank, look lighter than it really is. I hope you like my new pet.

Snoopy

Here is a picture of my 1/16 Scale Tamiya Radio controled Sherman Tank:

I put this together a long time ago and I am still wanting to add more stuff to it and make it look like a Gipsee wagon.

Edited by IMHF

Here is a picture of my 1/16 Scale Tamiya Radio controled Sherman Tank:

I put this together a long time ago and I am still wanting to add more stuff to it and make it look like a Gipsee wagon.

Hello

I really like your Sherman. The paint finish, and your attention to detail, makes it look very realistic. Have you painted the insignia on the tank, or are they decals? They look very realistic.

All the best

Snoopy

Snoopy

Thank you very much, I painted the Tank and then I airbrushed the markings on the Tank. That is how we do it on the real thing so I wanted to try it on my little Sherman.

Thank you

God Bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

I still have to do the hull of the Tank, just don't have much time with work taking it up. I am going to JRTC in a few days for one month, than I go to Iraq for 15 months in June.

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Snoopy

Dont forget to post the images on the GMIC when you get the Pet detailed: I cant wait to see it....

Lorenzo

Hello Lorenzo

Currently, I am doing some work on the figure. I have never been a figure painter, but I will do my best. I have allso found a nice set of markings, that I will try to airbrush. I was inspired by the airbrushed markings on your Sherman. I will post pictures when I am finished. I have had the tank out for a test drive, and it works like a charm.

All the best

Snoopy

• 1 month later...

Wow your kids could ride in them as well while you control them with a radio......

Cost less then the real thing:

Lorenzo

• 4 weeks later...