News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Private Ivan Vasilivich Butikov

Helping forum member with translation of attached documents. Additions and or corrections appreciated. Copies are not the best but I have

been able to pull some of the information from what is provided.

1. Butikov

2. Ivan Vasilivich

3. Private

4. male

6.City of Prohodny, Korochansky raion, Kursk oblast

7. Not party member

8. Lower education

9. Russian

awards

Medal " For Military Merit "

Order of Glory 3rd class

If my translation is correct, Comrade Butikov repaired 18 breaks in communication lines while under artillery fire at great risk to his life and

in doing so maintained communication between the Division Commander and the Battalion Commander.

Dear Friends. :banger:

I would like to share with you anther order Order of Glory 3rd Class and research.

Bad news research which I wait 3 months come from Russia in very bad condition.

Only enlarge copy can see detail of Citation. So if one of you like challenge I can supply large scans .

Regards

Kristof

Gentlemen:

There is a document uploaded as part of this current post of research for Butikov I am curious about. The document appears to be a partially filled out award card with a rectangular stamp with the words наград вручена. Does the tamp indicate that the award has been presented or will be?

How does this document fit in to the award process.

Thank you for your help

Regards

Rick

Gentlemen:

There is a document uploaded as part of this current post of research for Butikov I am curious about. The document appears to be a partially filled out award card with a rectangular stamp with the words наград вручена. Does the tamp indicate that the award has been presented or will be?

How does this document fit in to the award process.

Thank you for your help

Regards

Rick

Rick,

It means that the awards HAS BEEN presented.

Marc

Guest Rick Research

He was a gunlayer in the 4th Independent Annihilator Anti-Tank Battalion of 42nd Rifles Division when authorized to receive the MMM per the division on 15.6.44, but since he got it without a serial number when the ARC was filled out for that 15.1.53 it was long years before he saw it! He was then a collective farmer at the "Frunze" Kolkhoz.

His Glory was as a telephonist in the 165th Howitzer Artillery Brigade from the wartime ARC, but it's too late and the bled-through ink on the citation is too confusing for my tired brain to cope with this night--after a week away.

He was a gunlayer in the 4th Independent Annihilator Anti-Tank Battalion of 42nd Rifles Division when authorized to receive the MMM per the division on 15.6.44, but since he got it without a serial number when the ARC was filled out for that 15.1.53 it was long years before he saw it! He was then a collective farmer at the "Frunze" Kolkhoz.

His Glory was as a telephonist in the 165th Howitzer Artillery Brigade from the wartime ARC, but it's too late and the bled-through ink on the citation is too confusing for my tired brain to cope with this night--after a week away.

Rick.

Thanks very much for your help I'm relay appreciated.

Kristof

• 3 weeks later...

Helping forum member with translation of attached documents. Additions and or corrections appreciated. Copies are not the best but I have

been able to pull some of the information from what is provided.

1. Butikov

2. Ivan Vasilivich

3. Private

4. male

6.City of Prohodny, Korochansky raion, Kursk oblast

7. Not party member

8. Lower education

9. Russian

awards

Medal " For Military Merit "

Order of Glory 3rd class

City of Prohodny, it is wrong. :rolleyes: It will be correct, village?(деревня, село) Prohodnoe (Проходное). :beer:

If it is necessary to translate something, ask do not hesitate, than I can I shall help. :beer:

Edited by SKY MARSHAL