News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gents Maybe some of you would be kind enough totake a look at his little guy and opine. I don't beleive these were marked but I don't exactly recall. Regards Robert Notice the tiny glob of solder on the reverse and an area on the needle worn to silver where it was worn at some point or in a Riker box. Thanks Again

Edited by BURGERHAUS

Nice little pin you have there Robert. These (the 1934's) can be found with & more usually without markings (I don't recal seeing a 1938 with a mark).

Here's a Laur I have, I've lightened the image a tad as it's a dark pin so I'm afraid the colours are off.

Here's my Hoffst?tter marked version, unfortunately the mark is directly under the pin :speechless:. If I get time at the weekend & there is sufficiant light, I'll try to get an agled shot with the camera.

Don can you measure the width at the point where "DDAC" is written? Much appreciated sir. Robert

Do you mean from the edge of the badge at those points or just the distance across the letters?

Cheers

Don

Joe And you have one as well! And the Eagle's talons or whatever the red enamelling is outside of the circle at the bottom is different than the other 3 examples shown. They are all different in that respect. Don, what I mean is the measurement across the front of the pinbasically thru the center of ther letters DDAC from one side to the other all the way out to the out edges of the badge. Kind of like slicing a pie in half so to speak. Isn't it amazing that the 4 examples shown are all distinctly different. :speechless: Thanks for showing Joe. Much appreciated. Regards Robert

Edited by BURGERHAUS

• 2 weeks later...

Very sorry that I have neglected this thread. The measurements are 11.70 across which is the same as Don's Laur. And Joe, it doesn't have a lick of silver gilting as yours does. I have concluded that only the needle is period and have concequently returned it to seller. The search continues. Thanks for all your help. Robert

• 4 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

What is the significance of the "1934" date?

This just came to be Epsonized today and NO wreath or date, so = ???

closeup

Hard to see the markings because of the (?) German silver patina. I assume "D.M." was "Deschler M?nchen?

It's 20mm high by 16mm wide, best as I can make it with a ruler.

Nice pin Rick. This one is the standard membership pin to be worn on the lapel.

As to the significance of the date, I'm not really sure :rolleyes: . Angolia states that an honour pin was issued each year & that it was stopped in 1938, but gives no reason as to what it was for. JR Cone says that they were given out to members who took part in the various road meets......

H?sken in his catalogue lists dates found as 1934, 1937 & 1938. The '34 seems to be most common followed by '38, I've yet to see a '37 (a good friend of mine has been searching for one for 40 years!). Note both H?sken & Angolia mention 1938 as the last date however I have seen one for 1939...... I never managed to get my hands on to to compare unfortunately......

Cheers

Don

Guest Rick Research

Thanks. I wondered since 1934 seemed to be the ONLY date if that meant an organizational design change rather than something that was actually annual.